An Old School Catholic Message Board

Examination Of Conscience: B-a-k-e-r

NotreDame

Another thank you for the BAKER method, ND. :)  I have been searching for a not too lengthy Examen method for a while - and the BAKER method really appeals and is easy to commit to my lousy memory.  My printer is out of ink for a while and so I have written out the method by hand.  Thanks again!   :) :) :)

Yes, I just memorize the acronym and now I always do an examen at night... I might breeze through it 90% of the time, but I get on my knees and do it anyway.  I find just going through the "Blessings" every night is healthy on a number of levels.

... because the book was sitting on a shelf.  I haven't read through it 100% and just browsed it and saw "BAKER".  They also use "AIR" (Awareness, Identify, Respond -- which I heard in a class but Fr. Gallagher doesn't use that acronym).

What else is in Gaitley's book?  Is it a good read?

Who uses "AIR"?  Is it in that book too?  It sounds familiar, like from Fr Gallaghers first book on discernment.

It's in Fr. Gaitley's book.  It was not in Fr. Gallagher's book (he uses a slightly different concept).  Although one of the OMV priests did use the AIR acronym when he gave a class on discernment of spirits.

What else is in Gaitley's book?  Is it a good read?

I haven't read it 100% (it is really a "weekend" prayer retreat in part 1).  My one concern -- he pushes the Divine Mercy/Ignatian spin and even suggests a life plan.  That's probably my struggle with the book -- I do like Divine Mercy but not to the point of including a 3 o'clock prayer moment.

I'm going to read through it probably this week (I'm in the mood to do some reading).  Some of it is supposed to lead into prayer, so who knows where it will take me.  I'll let you know if my initial take on it still stands.