An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dylana's Salesian Countdown

the171

FutureCarmeliteClaire

Claire doesn't really love you, the171. She just wants to use you for your popularity.

Dylana is like Mozart, and I'm like Mozart's friend... No. I'm like Butch Cassidy. Dylana is Mozart. You try to hurt Mozart, and you get a bullet in the head courtesy of Butch Cassidy. Edited by FutureCarmeliteClaire

philosophette

If I may offer a few practical suggestions:

1) Sharpie Laundry Marker (not so easy to find, but a life saver)
2) Flash drive (for all the work you will do between computers if a file is too big to email to yourself)
3) Tide-to-go pens
4) Only buy wrinkle free white dress shirts.... a little more expensive, but worth the hours saved in ironing. God willing, you will be wearing them for 4 years.

Also, don't bring every possible thing extra with you when you come... otherwise you will be bringing a lot home over your Christmas visit. Some of us (cough, cough) packed for the Apocalypse. Like... massive bottle of shampoo, every book we loved, more knee highs than a nun could ever wear in a year. Convents are never lacking in shampoo or books. :) There is also Wal-Mart, and you will be able to get what you need there in terms of practical things.

I like your comfortable shoe choices. Nothing wrong with your shoes being comfortable and cute. We call the "SAS" shoes some of the Sisters wear "shoes of commitment" because their look is not exactly the cutest, but they are so comfortable. I confess, i have a pair of sandals. I bought them in dark blue leather as a postulant (our uniform is blue) and when I became a novice (gray uniform) it put some black shoe polish on them to dye them black. Those passed away from being repaired and loved too much and now I have the same pair in dark brown. After the Chacos, they are my dressier sandal option. In the South, dressy sandals are a must.

I like your comfortable shoe choices. Nothing wrong with your shoes being comfortable and cute. We call the "SAS" shoes some of the Sisters wear "shoes of commitment" because their look is not exactly the cutest, but they are so comfortable. I confess, i have a pair of sandals. I bought them in dark blue leather as a postulant (our uniform is blue) and when I became a novice (gray uniform) it put some black shoe polish on them to dye them black. Those passed away from being repaired and loved too much and now I have the same pair in dark brown. After the Chacos, they are my dressier sandal option. In the South, dressy sandals are a must.

THIS.

I am a firm believer in SAS shoes (also Merrills).  They are comfortable.

I have serious back problems and having good shoes keeps me able to walk without much discomfort.

SAS sandals ROCK.  Their walking shoes ROCK.  Some of their dressier shoes are good -- the flats are comfortable enough for me to be able to deal with.  However they do have one with a bit of a heel ... I found the heel too hard and it threw my back out (I started to have a decent amount of back pain, and I slightly slipped last weekend and that was that -- I had severe back pain for about 4 days).

I have two pairs of Merrills and they're good too.

A warning -- both SAS and Merrills are more expensive shoes (about $100-$150).  But they last.  And if they break prematurely at least SAS will replace them (or so I've been told).

THIS.

I am a firm believer in SAS shoes (also Merrills).  They are comfortable.

I have serious back problems and having good shoes keeps me able to walk without much discomfort.

SAS sandals ROCK.  Their walking shoes ROCK.  Some of their dressier shoes are good -- the flats are comfortable enough for me to be able to deal with.  However they do have one with a bit of a heel ... I found the heel too hard and it threw my back out (I started to have a decent amount of back pain, and I slightly slipped last weekend and that was that -- I had severe back pain for about 4 days).

I have two pairs of Merrills and they're good too.

A warning -- both SAS and Merrills are more expensive shoes (about $100-$150).  But they last.  And if they break prematurely at least SAS will replace them (or so I've been told).

I LOVE SAS shoes!!!  I was treated to some this summer by my grandmother as a birthday present.  I got a pair of VERY comfortable walking sandals and some Mary Janes.  I wore the sandals every day there for a while until it got cold and I'm anxious to wear them again when it warms up.  They are sturdy and comfortable.  I got them because they remind me of Birkenstocks but are much more comfortable.  These are the ones I ended up with:

Sandals:  http://sasshoes.com/main/view_styles.php?catid=4&prodid=37

Mary Janes: http://sasshoes.com/main/view_styles.php?catid=2&prodid=103

I got them both in the chestnut color.

I'm leaving my family in a few months and I am gettin emotional about my books, my car, and my kayak.

Perfectly understandable. :rotfl:

I love my family more than anything, but the rusty pickup truck has a higher sentimental value.

They look so comfy, but I usually wear more rugged shoes (or heels. I love a good pair of heels.)

Hehe, you're an odd breed, huh?  :P

Do you own any Doc Martens? 

I LOVE SAS shoes!!!  I was treated to some this summer by my grandmother as a birthday present.  I got a pair of VERY comfortable walking sandals and some Mary Janes.  I wore the sandals every day there for a while until it got cold and I'm anxious to wear them again when it warms up.  They are sturdy and comfortable.  I got them because they remind me of Birkenstocks but are much more comfortable.  These are the ones I ended up with:

Sandals:  http://sasshoes.com/main/view_styles.php?catid=4&prodid=37

Mary Janes: http://sasshoes.com/main/view_styles.php?catid=2&prodid=103

I got them both in the chestnut color.

D

How is the arch support with SAS sandals?  I have feet like a duck (literally) and very high arches.