An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dylana's Salesian Countdown

the171

D

How is the arch support with SAS sandals?  I have feet like a duck (literally) and very high arches.  

I have narrow regular feet so I can't really speak about the arches.  However, after doing some research online, I found this post:

High arches here. I have been buying SAS sandals for a number of years. I am wearing a pair now! They are leather with a rubber sole. I find can walk a good distance in them, they have some arch support built in. I also like that there are 3 straps that can be adjusted for fit. They are not cheap--around $75-$90 a pair, but they are a lot cheaper than the high-end brands like Mephisto.

I also wear SAS shoes a lot--there is a running shoe (walking) style with velcro closures, and a lace up loafer that I like. They both cost about $175-$200 a pair.

Unfortunately, I can never get a satisfactory fit in less expensive shoes/sandals. I find that with high arches, I need a really good fit and if possible good ankle support so that my feet don't tire out. I've never worn Crocs--with my feet, I don't think they would be comfortable.

The best thing to do is go to a store and have them fit different shoes to your feet.  You can only buy them from brick-and-mortar stores if you buy retail.  The stores are very nice with highly trained associates.  They make wide and extra wide sizes, too.

I have narrow regular feet so I can't really speak about the arches.  However, after doing some research online, I found this post:

The best thing to do is go to a store and have them fit different shoes to your feet.  You can only buy them from brick-and-mortar stores if you buy retail.  The stores are very nice with highly trained associates.  They make wide and extra wide sizes, too.

Thank you!  We do have a store here, will try them out. My Chacos are the absolute best for my feet!  Love them.  Have been wearing them in 30 degree weather.

I'm leaving my family in a few months and I am gettin emotional about my books, my car, and my kayak.

If I ever get to the point of entering a community, disposing of my books will be a real problem.  Sigh. 

If I ever get to the point of entering a community, disposing of my books will be a real problem.  Sigh. 

It will become doable. Case in point: I had a collection of books that I actually spent some money on (not from a thrift store) and I was hoping a prospective community might just happen to want them for their library so I could still kind of be with them even if I couldn't own them anymore. With time, I realized that it was just taking up room and I didn't need it anymore. I offered it to a Catholic school and was so excited that they wanted the collection to add to their curriculum. I'm happier that they have it, more so than when I had it. Its going to be read (hopefully) by lots of people and not just end up on display in a private library.

Columbia tends to be that way.  I was fortunate to buy a fleece jacket off-season for $22.  It was a men's jacket but it fits (the sleeves are a bit long but controlled by elastic so it works).

I recommend going to Burlington Coat Factory for coats.  I bought a feather down winter coat there for $65 which is great because those types of coats run over $150 elsewhere.  It's a good quality, too.  There is a link on my nuntrunk website that leads you to the winter coats on their website.  :)

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

I tried to navigate their site, and it was impossible. There's not a store near here either. I talked to my parents, and they -- thank GOD -- are willing to pay a bit more for quality if I can't find a lower price.

But I'm trying my hardest to find a good deal.

What are you looking for exactly?  The "queen of research" would like to help.  ;)

What are you looking for exactly?  The "queen of research" would like to help.  ;)

Black, insulated, down, past the butt, hooded

Black, insulated, down, past the butt, hooded

Ok, let me do some searching and I'll post the results.  ;)

Here's one for starters:

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/reilly-olmes-quilted-jacket-insulated-for-women~p~5787v/?filterString=womens-jackets-and-coats~d~261%2Fspecdataor~jacket%20features%3Binsulated%2F&colorFamily=01

Edited by MaterMisericordiae