An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dylana's Salesian Countdown

the171

I showed all the coats to Dad, and he wants me to get the Columbia because be trusts the brand. Alright, Dad!

Which one?  I posted at least 1 Columbia coat so I'm not sure which one you're referring to.  ;)

Which one? I posted at least 1 Columbia coat so I'm not sure which one you're referring to. ;)

Oh sorry! The original one that I posted. I must not have seen that Columbia coat you posted. I'll have to look at it!

Oh sorry! The original one that I posted. I must not have seen that Columbia coat you posted. I'll have to look at it!

OK, it was one from Zappos.  This one:

http://www.zappos.com/columbia-carson-pass-ii-jacket-flint-grey

Well, crud!  They sold out of the black and now they just have grey and plum.  :(

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

I'm getting really nervous. Not about entering, but about can I do this at all. I'm giving up so much. Can I handle that? I know that grave is offered, but cooperation with grace is key.

AveMariaPurissima

I'm getting really nervous. Not about entering, but about can I do this at all. I'm giving up so much. Can I handle that? I know that grave is offered, but cooperation with grace is key.

If it's any consolation, that's something I've struggled with a lot myself...

You're normal and fine and you can't know what the life will really be like until you're living it, so don't torture yourself with "what-ifs."

:flex:

domenica_therese

Amen. 

I think it's important to see it from the perspective that any change in state in life also comes with some degree of mourning. Like, when you become married, you aren't single before, and you can't live like you're single. There's a whole new horizon, and so many new sources of joy, but you are also, to a large degree, leaving your old self behind, and you can't continue to live as if you are single. You have to mourn the independence of single life, and then leave it behind and embrace the new.

just ordered shoes. we're ordering everything by month so we're not overwhelmed last minute. it's starting to get real. it's weird how little things like this solidify this reality. haha

just ordered shoes. we're ordering everything by month so we're not overwhelmed last minute. it's starting to get real. it's weird how little things like this solidify this reality. haha

Smart idea.  I don't know why anyone would wait until last minute...

domenica_therese

Smart idea.  I don't know why anyone would wait until last minute...

Maybe if you don't know until last minute that you're going to join?  :hehe2:

Maybe if you don't know until last minute that you're going to join?  :hehe2:

Well, that I can understand but I knew someone who knew she was going to enter for a year and didn't start buying stuff until a few weeks before her entrance.  I don't know if it was from lack of storage or lack of planning but that would drive me nuts to wait that long.

• 2 weeks later...

like 189... i'm trying to avoid counting down because it takes my focus away from my current vocation, but curiosity got the best of me.

PhuturePriest

like 189... i'm trying to avoid counting down because it takes my focus away from my current vocation, but curiosity got the best of me.

Are you allowed to take Dahlia with you?