An Old School Catholic Message Board

Random Vocation Conversation

ThereseMaria

Mary's Margaret

I seem to remember Nunsense saying a while back that she was discerning something but would keep it private this time, and that she may at some point "disappear".  

So I pray this disappearance has taken her to the place God had planned for her all along.  She certainly left a lot of wisdom in her wake that we can continue to learn 

from.  

-(FuturePriest387) It seems that the whole speech impediment thing runs in the family, both my brother and I have been to speech therapy. For whatever reason, I just stopped going one day... Now that I think about it, I don't even know why (Maybe I scared her off... I also happened to have quite the temper back then!!! Haha). All I know is, I tried to say New Jersey the other day in class, and I accidentally said "New Joisey"... One of my friends just about fell out of her desk laughing. It's become a bit more funny than anything (ironic thing is, everyone thinks I have a New Jersey accent, but I can't even say New Jersey properly...) It's also been a problem because I really love learning new languages, but I ended up having to leave French class once it became optional, because my speech impediment was giving me some trouble. But yeah, if you want to PM me about it, sure! Any help would be appreciated.

Lil Mon messaged me on FB a few days ago but I was on duty/working at that time and didn't get the message until later in the evening. So she may have dropped off PM but not off the face of the earth just yet.

I do remember nunsense saying something about if she "disappeared" for a while it meant something good was going on but she didn't want to say what it was/might be,

Lesson of the week from my job, living in community is hard but fun and rewarding.

Living in community! The joy, the sheer infuriating irritation, the fun, the companionship, the support, the affection, the purposefulness........

Living in community! The joy, the sheer infuriating irritation, the fun, the companionship, the support, the affection, the purposefulness........

Yup, it's a gold mine of transformation

Yup. I think my biggest challenge is going to be allowing myself to take some personal time. I know I need it but it is very hard for me to actually do so,

• 2 weeks later...

So another gem I have gained from living in community. For the longest time I thought that the custom of using the plural form (ours or we) in community (ie our room/cell our car etc) was very odd. Now I realize it is much more natural. I often do it now without thinking.

Hey to everyone.

My name is Carla.I will soon have 26 years old and i'm coming from Europe.This is my first post and i wanted to intruduce my self.

I'm in the proces of Discerning a Religious Vocation and i just wanted to tell you that this forum help me a lot.Thank you and God bless you.

i hope i will be worth member of this forum.

Silentjoy thank you for your kind words.I'm so glad that i can share experiences on the changes that is hapening in my life.It is so good to found people who are similar like me ,and they try to found God's grace.

Wow, ThereseMaria. I think we could be related. I am 14, have a speech impediment (r), discerning religious life, and think I am to young to contact communities. I have been worried also if communities would take me with a speech impediment (I sound like I am from Germany and Northern Kentucky combined), but after thinking about it I decided if a community would not accept me because of my speech then they must not be the community for me. God gave me this impediment for a reason and no matter how many speech therapy appointments I go to it has not been corrected, I have come to peace with it though.  

Wow, ThereseMaria. I think we could be related. I am 14, have a speech impediment (r), discerning religious life, and think I am to young to contact communities. I have been worried also if communities would take me with a speech impediment (I sound like I am from Germany and Northern Kentucky combined), but after thinking about it I decided if a community would not accept me because of my speech then they must not be the community for me. God gave me this impediment for a reason and no matter how many speech therapy appointments I go to it has not been corrected, I have come to peace with it though.

NO WAY you're 14 too?! YAY!!! Everyone has a different opinion on how my voice sounds. Some people say I sound normal, some think I'm from the British Isles, some think I'm from New Jersey or New York. And one of my friends thought I was from New Zealand (I have NO idea why she thought that, but then again, I've never met someone from new Zealand, so I can't really say...) That's a good way to look at it. I've kind of gotten used to it, and it's really hilarious when people flock around me the first day of school asking where I'm from... Ok, that just made my day!!! Thank you for posting that :D If you want to talk privately, feel free to PM me! (If you don't want to that's fine too and I am starting to fall back into social awkwardness right now... Sorry if I sound weird!!!)

It is good to have another young adult here. I was getting kind of lonely with only FP and a few others. :p Yeah I will definitely PM you.