An Old School Catholic Message Board

Random Vocation Conversation

ThereseMaria

You are very welcome. 

Emily and I were doing it separately on our original blogs, but then we decided to put them together into one big resource because we thought it would be more helpful. I don't always do too much due to my duties and responsibilities with the parish and the sisters, as well as other things, so sometimes you'll find Emily takes over for a bit. I'm more on the communications side of things, but Emily tends to be more on the features and the write ups. It just depends on time and what we decide to do, but we work together on the guides and reflections etc.

God Bless, 

Kim Lee x

AveMariaPurissima

Just thought I'd add too...ThereseMaria, I started discerning when I was really young (like 11 or 12-ish), and I also know some lovely young girls around your age who are discerning, so you're not alone. :) God bless!

Edited by AveMariaPurissima

ThereseMaria

Just thought I'd add too...ThereseMaria, I started discerning when I was really young (like 11 or 12-ish), and I also know some lovely young girls around your age who are discerning, so you're not alone. :) God bless!

Thank you for adding that! I guess it's kind of easy to forget that there are other people my age discerning as well. Thank you! :)

TheresaThoma

:bounce: I just booked my flight for the come and See with the sisters!!!!!!! :bounce:

I'm super excited and nervous!

ThereseMaria

:bounce: I just booked my flight for the come and See with the sisters!!!!!!! :bounce:
I'm super excited and nervous!

:nun2: That's so exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

AveMariaPurissima

Thank you for adding that! I guess it's kind of easy to forget that there are other people my age discerning as well. Thank you! :)

You're welcome. :) 

maximillion

You are so right cartermia, there are often bumps and knocks on the way to the RL. :saint2:

Oh um yeah that is exactly what I meant... :saint2:

NO :evil:

I asked a Discalced Carmelite how I could tell if I had a possible vocation or if it was just my personality. She said that grace builds on nature; it is possible that God gave me my personality BECAUSE he had given me the vocation that my personality seemed to gravitate toward.

...and then she got to know me and said, "Well, they say 'extroverts make the best nuns' for a reason..."

rotfl

Good! The reason I asked is because Luna Lovegood is commonly referred to and seen as socially awkward and not having many friends, and yet she turns to be one of the coolest and nicest characters.

My favorite character!

PhuturePriest

My favorite character!

Fun fact: If I could marry any Harry Potter character, it would be Luna.

Go Look at FP's song!

advertisement for FP, you owe me $20,000 dollars now FP! :p

ThereseMaria

Go Look at FP's song!

advertisement for FP, you owe me $20,000 dollars now FP! :p

That was probably the best song ever.... I have a new favorite. :p