Psalm week: 1.

Liturgical Colour: GREEN

DAILY MASS ONLINE

https://youtu.be/Xi9NWhaly0k

Reflection 
Friday 23rd November 2018

H E R E

LITURGY OF THE HOURS

http://universalis.com/ (Go to Left Hand column)   

Daily Postings for the LOTH are from

THE GENERAL CALENDAR

To find your own local Liturgical Calendar, go to:  http://universalis.com/1030/n-location.htm (scroll down).  If your area does not have its own Liturgical Calendar, use The General Calendar as posted into this thread daily is used.    

THE ROSARY

Fridays - Sorrowful Mysteries

https://www.catholiccompany.com/content/Sorrowful-Mysteries-of-the-Rosary.cfm

SATURDAY 

24th November 2018 

GENERAL LITURGICAL CALENDAR

All entries into this thread are from the General Liturgical Calendar.   To find your own local Liturgical Calendar, go to:  http://universalis.com/1030/n-location.htm (scroll down). 

If your area does not have its own Liturgical Calendar,

use The General Calendar

as posted into this thread daily.

Today is the

Memorial

Saints Andrew Dũng-Lạc and his Companions

http://universalis.com/today.htm

November is dedicated to The Holy Souls in Purgatory

Fridays are dedicated to  The Blessed Virgin Mary

&

Her Immaculate Heart

Year: B(II).

Psalm week: 1.

Liturgical Colour: RED

DAILY MASS ONLINE

https://youtu.be/Zm7fcpnNz4k

Reflection 
Saturday 24th November 2018

H E R E

LITURGY OF THE HOURS

THE GENERAL CALENDAR

THE ROSARY

Saturdays - Glorious Mysteries

https://www.catholiccompany.com/content/Glorious-Mysteries-of-the-Rosary.cfm

Edited by BarbaraTherese

1124-624x468.png

My two pence worth - and all sharing in this thread is very welcome... hugely welcome:   

There is somewhat of a dichotomy between the two following videos.  If one is committed to God's Will in life, it is a commitment to a willingness to change in certain aspects of life, to change and to aspire to and accept change.  It is a hanging loose in life with heart and mind invested in God's Will, His Divine Providence, in all circumstances of life small and great.  In that vision, there can be no clear articulation, it is rather a Peace and Joy to walk in a certain darkness with trust and with confidence.  Because God's Will is ever unfolding in the days.

A big question I would ask myself in years gone by is "How can I know what God's Will is?".  It all seemed very hard to me, not clear at all.  Rather however, it is very simple.  All circumstances in all lives come about through God's Will, either His Direct Will (in the good) or His Permissive Will (in the not good) and these two latter sit, as it were, under the umbrella of God's Will.  In living out life, I am to avoid sin and resist temptation, and as I strive to do so in all the various circumstances of life, I am striving to be united to God's Will.  I am desiring whether I can articulate it or not, to love and to serve God and Him alone.    If I cannot put it into words in my prayer, then The Holy Spirit will do it for me, for He reads the depths of any heart that the person his or herself cannot reach.   In fact, it seems to me as I have written that that it is all so simple, it is difficult to find the words. 

The vision in life becomes to be united to God's Will in all things.  There is a line in St Luke's Gospel in Chapter 16 "Whoever is faithful with very little will also be faithful with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much."  It is through attending to God's Will in the small things in life, that one becomes attuned to His Will in the big things in life and as time goes on more inclined to God's Will than to the opposite.  That becomes my clear vision in life: to be united to God's Will in all things and in order to do so, I need to be committed to spiritual flexibility.

SATURDAY 

24th November 2018 

christ_king_santalfonso.jpg

Today is The Solemnity

of

Christ, King of The Universe

GENERAL LITURGICAL CALENDAR

All entries into this thread are from the General Liturgical Calendar.   To find your own local Liturgical Calendar, go to:  http://universalis.com/1030/n-location.htm (scroll down).   

If your area does not have its own Liturgical Calendar,

use The General Calendar

as posted into this thread daily.

November is dedicated to The Holy Souls in Purgatory

Year: B(II).

Office of The Solemnity

Liturgical Colour: WHITE

DAILY MASS ONLINE

https://youtu.be/vbJguvObzzE

Reflection 
Sunday 25th November 2018

H E R E

LITURGY OF THE HOURS

THE GENERAL CALENDAR

THE ROSARY

Sunday - Glorious Mysteries

https://www.catholiccompany.com/content/Glorious-Mysteries-of-the-Rosary.cfm

13 hours ago, BarbaraTherese said:

1124-624x468.png

My two pence worth - and all sharing in this thread is very welcome... hugely welcome:   

There is somewhat of a dichotomy between the two following videos.  If one is committed to God's Will in life, it is a commitment to a willingness to change in certain aspects of life, to change and to aspire to and accept change.  It is a hanging loose in life with heart and mind invested in God's Will, His Divine Providence, in all circumstances of life small and great.  In that vision, there can be no clear articulation, it is rather a Peace and Joy to walk in a certain darkness with trust and with confidence.  Because God's Will is ever unfolding in the days.

A big question I would ask myself in years gone by is "How can I know what God's Will is?".  It all seemed very hard to me, not clear at all.  Rather however, it is very simple.  All circumstances in all lives come about through God's Will, either His Direct Will (in the good) or His Permissive Will (in the not good) and these two latter sit, as it were, under the umbrella of God's Will.  In living out life, I am to avoid sin and resist temptation, and as I strive to do so in all the various circumstances of life, I am striving to be united to God's Will.  I am desiring whether I can articulate it or not, to love and to serve God and Him alone.    If I cannot put it into words in my prayer, then The Holy Spirit will do it for me, for He reads the depths of any heart that the person his or herself cannot reach.   In fact, it seems to me as I have written that that it is all so simple, it is difficult to find the words. 

The vision in life becomes to be united to God's Will in all things.  There is a line in St Luke's Gospel in Chapter 16 "Whoever is faithful with very little will also be faithful with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much."  It is through attending to God's Will in the small things in life, that one becomes attuned to His Will in the big things in life and as time goes on more inclined to God's Will than to the opposite.  That becomes my clear vision in life: to be united to God's Will in all things and in order to do so, I need to be committed to spiritual flexibility.

The above are the actual videos I posted into my thread.  I dont know why or how the videos were changed after I posted.

I dont know why my posts are being changed!

This is not in the least bit funny whoever is changing my posts!

My posts are changed..........and then changed back again at a later point.  If it is moderation or administration doing the changes, then I think it is an abuse of power for whatever reason such a strange mind/person might have.  "Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me." Matthew Ch25

If I should become aware I am not welcome, I simply move on.  Being unwelcome is permitted by Divine Providence as time, God's Time, to move away and move on.    Time to forgive and forget, move away, shaking the dust (memory), and move on.  It means that God has something else in mind for one's journey.  It is about hanging loose in life with spiritual flexibility and in the darkness of God's Will but with trust and confidence in the obscure and opaque nature of His Unfolding Will.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/signe-whitson/cant-you-take-a-joke-what_b_2566180.html 

Signe Whitson, Contributor: Signe Whitson is an author and national educator on bullying prevention, crisis intervention, and child and adolescent emotional and behavioral health.

‘Can’t You Take a Joke?  ......

............Passive Aggressive Phrases to Recognize (and Run From!) 

“Can’t You Take a Joke?”

..............."............. Every once in a while, though, their cruel jokes and barbs are just over the top enough that their hostility is revealed and the adult confronts them directly. When this happens, the student’s knee-jerk reaction is to, again, play the victim and wonder aloud “why you are getting so upset over something that was obviously meant as a joke?”

1 hour ago, BarbaraTherese said:

The above has been changed too.

2 hours ago, BarbaraTherese said:

This thread is now concluded.

Not sure what's going on ... but I kind of doubt it's like official phatmass messing with you. If it's not a big or philter maybe phatmass has been hacked???

I don't know either.  But if my posts are being altered by whatever or whoever, then it is unwise for me to post since the sense of my meaning is altered as well.    I have advised moderation in the normal way.  I am not expecting a response for a while, since I am in Australia and a different time zone probably to most if not all moderators.

13 minutes ago, BarbaraTherese said:

I don't know either.  But if my posts are being altered by whatever or whoever, then it is unwise for me to post since the sense of my meaning is altered as well.    I have advised moderation in the normal way.  I am not expecting a response for a while, since I am in Australia and a different time zone probably to most if not all moderators.

Ok hope it gets addressed. Props to you for holding down the phort.

In case you can't tell I'm enjoying replacing fs with ph. Phorgot how phun it is its getting a bit out of control

55 minutes ago, Lilllabettt said:

In case you can't tell I'm enjoying replacing fs with ph. Phorgot how phun it is its getting a bit out of control

Different direction perhaps but still in control. 

Certainly my posts have been hacked and I don't know by whom, how, when or why.  And it seems to me that this can be done at any time and perhaps with other members as well.

1 minute ago, BarbaraTherese said:

Different direction perhaps but still in control. 

Certainly my posts have been hacked and I don't know by whom, how, when or why.  And it seems to me that this can be done at any time and perhaps with other members as well.

Sounds like a mystery and a pretty intense one too. Do you know off hand who the moderators are rn?

15 minutes ago, Lilllabettt said:

Sounds like a mystery and a pretty intense one too. Do you know off hand who the moderators are rn?

Do you think so? :hehe2:

Disinterested in who they are or are not.  They have been advised in the normal manner.

• 1 year later...

image.png.231a8c5acf9dae46de9401e03a8450ff.pngSaturday, 31st October 2020

Hail Mary!

Post from Pax 17 into another thread

Thanks @Pax17 ... again.   I came down with pneumonia which triggered bipolar and a quite nasty episode.  I was in general hospital for some time to bring the pneumonia under control and then transferred to the ward for mental illness in the aged (I am 75 yrs age in Jan 2021).  I really do commend the Aged Mental Health ward.  All in all I was in hospital for about 2 months or so, perhaps more, and came home to my unit in total disarray - with no help to re-establish cleanliness and order - also a number of relationships broken as can happen with a bipolar episode.   That might have initiated a grieving process.   I am still suffering with consequences of pneumonia, but quite ok physically and mentally***  Getting my unit together again and functional took more months as when I did come home, physically I was exhausted. Memories of becoming ill and the hospitalizations are very patchy putting it mildly.  It has become a chunk taken out of my life with little memory of what happened.  The Lord permitted me to suffer what happened - and He brought me through it all - as always. 

I am now calling myself a recovering Catholic - support from my parish was non existent again.  The recovery part of my Catholicism is a re-assessing of where I am in the scheme of things Catholic and how to go forward in my journey as a practising Catholic.  And about time I learnt that I cannot rely on The Church as my parish as any sort of support whatsoever if I do experience a mild to serious bipolar episode (I have had now probably 40 years of lack of that support).......and I am getting slowly to a place that to mind and heart feels like a place I can move on from in my journey and as a faithful and practising Catholic.

I am more than happy to state that my experience of The Church as parish is only one experience in the overall and many MI sufferers do receive great support and assistance from their parish - Deo Gratius.  Just not me, coupled with others where I do know their story and journey with that story.  My Carmelite prioress  was there for me in every way, while the bipolar episode I experienced and she did too but from a different perspective was by very far the most serious episode I have ever had, foundational as it was by pneumonia symptoms and high temperatures.  That presented the difficulty of handling the episode as we had no past experience to inform us.  Some supports were understanding, others not at all and chose to break our relationship.  That means that I need to work out some sort of supports for the future.  ...  and I am getting there.

It is all a journey within the overall journey.  What I have learnt about impasses in life's journey, is that you can't go under, around or over - you can only walk right through the impasse - or stand looking at it/eduring it for the rest of one's life.  I have to laugh. I have written in other places that I took the road less travelled and now I don't know where the h**l I am.  I think now that that must have been prophetic!!! :hehe2: ............ while no matter how ill I was, how totally on a different plane to reality, no matter how frightening I was experiencing it, The Lord never let me go for one second - and with all the gratitude of my mind, heart and soul.

I do miss terribly my decd priest religious spiritual director as a sound human and spiritual support, but I reason that he is far more powerful in Heaven with his prayers.

*** I have read some reliable source material that there is no such thing as normal bipolar stage.  One suffers with bipolar symptoms all the time, just on a lesser scale in the so called 'normal stage', which in reality does not exist.  Psychiatry is a baby science in the overall science field and the concept is contested and argued.  As a sufferer it sounds a likely to me that there is no normal stage.  It does explain some inexplicable things to me - pieces dropping into place in the puzzle of bipolar.  It is a difficult journey, even a traumatic and horrendous one at times.....and putting it mildly in some areas - and I am presupposing as any mental illness can be.  By the very same token it has its intrinsic rewards.