An Old School Catholic Message Board

Private Vows in The Laity/Spirituality

BarbTherese

15260_2.jpg?imgwidth=435&qt=White%20dove

I forgot to mention that when the Anglicare worker arrived to take us to the vet, Missie came out very slowly from her little bed under my bed to the family room to welcome a guest as was always her custom.  She let the worker pick her up and cuddled in to her arms.  I am so very grateful to The Lord that she was one of my loved and cherished four legged pals from cradle to her flight from this earth.  She was another Gift of God among so many gifts.

To love is to be open to vulnerability - and the more the love, the greater the vulnerability.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqia_aVlBeNe7f0I8eA8L

Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. (Matthew Chapter 10)

Come to me, all who are weary and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.(Matthew Chapter 11)

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths (Proverbs Chapter 3)

51nunywusHL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

On 4/25/2021 at 5:52 PM, BarbaraTherese said:

_114403362_indiac19.jpg

As at 17th September 2020 https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-54176375

As at 24th April 2021:   "India's second wave of COVID-19 is far more aggressive and deadly than the first. Here's what went wrong" https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-04-24/how-did-indias-covid-disaster-unfold/100089732

India is in a dreadful state!

In the central city of Bhopal, some crematoriums have increased their capacity from dozens of pyres to more than 50.

Yet officials say there are still hours-long waits.

At the city's Bhadbhada Vishram Ghat crematorium, workers said they cremated more than 110 people on Saturday, even as government figures in the entire city of 1.8 million put the total number of virus deaths at just 10.

Virus 'swallowing' people 'like a monster'

Hospitals and doctors have put out urgent notices saying they are unable to cope with the rush of patients.

People are dying, sometimes on the roads outside the hospitals, while waiting to see doctors.

bbfa3e841169999811b689abe7020178?impolic

Our Lady of Perpetual Help, please pray for them and for all.

0426-624x468.png

(My unit is filled with the most beautiful perfume - I can't identify it.  I have never asked St Therese of Lisieux for a rose, but maybe she hands them out without asking - although not a rose is in sight:blink:)

png-transparent-william-shakespeare-rome

“The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
An evil soul producing holy witness
Is like a villain with a smiling cheek,
A goodly apple rotten at the heart."

William Shakespeare - Merchant of Venice

0429-624x468.png

0428-624x468.png

cover.jpg?w=640

Christian meditation a ‘path to meeting Christ’

Published: 29 April 2021

Excerpt: "Departing from his prepared remarks, the Pope said that while there are many methods that are “important and worthy of practice,” Christian meditation “is not possible without the Holy Spirit.”

Meister-Eckhart-FR-300px.jpg

People should think less about what they ought to do and more about what they ought to be. If only their being were good, their works would shine forth brightly. Do not imagine that you can ground your salvation upon actions; it must rest on what you are. The ground upon which good character rests is the very same ground from which our work derives its value, namely, a mind wholly turned to God.

- Meister Eckhart

t

B17GmEpCAAEto2T.jpg

There is no one in the world who cannot arrive without difficulty at the most eminent perfection by fulfilling with love the obscure and common duties.
    ... J. P. de Caussade (1675-1751)

abf28643041effec8db7bf443fcc4891.jpg

O Glorious St. Joseph, model of all those who are devoted to labor, obtain for me and all the grace to work conscientiously, putting the call of duty above my natural inclinations, to work with gratitude and joy, in a spirit of penance for the remission of my sins, considering it an honor to employ and develop by means of labor the gifts received from God, to work with order, peace, moderation and patience, without ever shrinking from weariness and difficulties, to work above all with purity of intention and detachment from self, having always death before my eyes and the account that I must render of time lost, of talents wasted, of good omitted, of vain complacency in success, so fatal to the work of God. All for Jesus, all through Mary, all after thine example, O Patriarch, St. Joseph. Such shall be my motto in life and in death. Amen

St Joseph The Worker - Optional Memorial 1st May 2021

0502-624x468.png

Dark-Night-of-The-Soul.jpg

CATHOLIC EDUCTION.ORG:  https://www.catholiceducation.org/en/religion-and-philosophy/spiritual-life/understanding-the-dark-night-of-the-soul.html

"Understanding The Dark Night of The Soul"

"The dark night of the soul looks different in different lives.  Laypersons don't necessarily experience the dark night the way religious do.  Nor do active religious necessarily experience the dark night the way contemplatives do.  Some people experience it primarily through external circumstances.  They find themselves persecuted or afflicted.  In the midst of those afflictions, all calls for help go unanswered.  To the person passing through this type of dark night, it feels like God has left them to deal with their cross on their own.

Others experience the dark night through..".......... MORE on above link

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJvCgkFD-uhyDU8KC6cX-

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47azq7dk00no5ti26j6e

Laughter is good medicine

queen_New-Feature.png?fit=800,463&ssl=1

May is the month dedicated to Mary

Regina Caeli

V. Queen of Heaven, rejoice, alleluia:
R. For he whom thou hast deserved to bear, alleluia,

V. Hath risen, as he said, alleluia.
R. Pray for us to God, alleluia.

V. Rejoice and be glad, O Virgin Mary, alleluia.
R. Because the Lord is truly risen, alleluia.

Let us pray. O God, who by the Resurrection of thy Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, has vouchsafed to make glad the whole world, grant, we beseech thee, that through the intercession of the Virgin Mary, his Mother, we may attain the joys of eternal life. Through the same Christ our Lord. Amen.

Computer still playing up, either timing out on sites or buffering for ages.  For some reason Phatmass is fine, no problems.  The buffering and timing out means that my researching is too time consuming to tackle.  Can't open emails and woe is me, I can't even watch Foxtel Go or Netflix :shocking: Ah well, the best penances are those not chosen.

I am hoping my IT person will be able to fix things on Monday.

St  Isadore, please pray for us

computer-got-sick-3-vector-9190200.jpg

senior-woman-using-computer-13909948.jpg

Thought I would try computer this morning and lo and behold it is now ok again.  It must have been an Optus downtime.  

0507-624x468.png

On the risen body of Christ . . .

"As a seed is unrecognizable in the mature plant into which it sprouts; as solar and astral bodies differ significantly from terrestrial bodies; as what is perishable becomes inconceivably imperishable; as a creature of dust comes to bear the image of heaven; as those who are asleep in the grave suddenly become startlingly awake (see 1 Corinthians 15), so too life in the eternal embrace of God is unimaginable."

- Elizabeth Johnson, in Incarnation: On the Scope and Depth of Christology