An Old School Catholic Message Board

Private Vows in The Laity/Spirituality

BarbTherese

On 11/1/2021 at 5:00 PM, Shelby said:

Thank you, Barbara

I did read the entire post, and correct me if I'm wrong, because I want to be on the same page as you.

Temporal sphere= The world that we live in physically.

Spiritual sphere= Heaven, where the angels and saints live.

And here's a summary of what I understand. 

Private vows is still the laity of the Church, not like nuns or sisters. We have a mission, to carry out our Baptismal promises and to follow the Churches teachings most importantly. (I added, this part) This vocation is a private vow to remain in chastity for life and to remain single so that we can have a more prayerful life (end of add in).

Barbara, I hope I didn't get this confused. I noticed you said you view it as vows for the temporal sphere and it does make sense. But, at the same time I hope I read it right!

Also, it's not called because it's done secretly, but because how vows are in a way, I like to say are categorized. That's how I like to say it to make sense to me.

I have a CCC but I will have to do some number digging tomorrow because, it's late at night. I'll make another post when I find it. 

Oh and another thing, and you can't change the vow or sinfully mess up, because there's consequences if you do.

That's the end of what I got from your last post.

Ok, goodnight!

I hope and pray that your depresion goes away. You are very much loved Barbara. 

Thank you very much, Selby.  Just at the moment, I am not in good shape.  Depression comes and goes and seems to choose its own level of severity.

I am quite eager to answer your Post - and I will do so happily.  Just not yet, but as soon as I can...............

Regards............Barb.

Hi again Pax

Thank you for the kind thoughts.  My psychiatrist thinks it will not last long.  It is a bipolar depression and I have only every had it once in the past, since bipolar first onset.  I am hoping it will be a learning curve for me in the main, and if so, on the positive side; that my psychiatrist will prove correct and this will not last long. It is quite rare that she is wrong.

Regards............Barb

Apologies both @Selby and also @pax.  I have a bit of a hand tremor that makes typing not as usual.  I don't know how I mixed my posts to each of you.

123751863-fever-old-woman-cartoon-granny

I know I still have a couple of posts  are outstanding for response, including yours, @Shelby - and I do apologize.  These posts are on my mind.  For me, it is Murphy's Law (what can go wrong will go wrong) around here.  Perhaps a reason, but absolutely no excuse, I know.  My psychiatrist is ringing me tomorrow and I see her on the 16th November, the following week.  That last admission I had a while back, was so really horrifying to me (never experienced any similarity to it ever before), that the content still returns often vividly to my mind uninvited.  A senior mental health worker told me she suspects I just might/could have PTSD, but did not want to do anything until she had spoken to my psychiatrist.  They have not had an opportunity as yet ........... both my psychiatrist and the mental health worker have been dealing with their own issues.

As I said, Murphy's Law :) 

@Shelby.  You have asked some good questions, I thought.  I think we are on the same page, just a bit of tweaking here and there - and as I understand Private Vows and therefore not infallible. :) 

Private Vow or vows can be very easily dispensed (one is released of the vow(s), simply by asking a priest to dispense one - I can do that also, even though my vows are made for life and I renewed them at a Home Mass.  What might be between The Lord and I kept secret, perhaps, could be another matter.   

With private vows, The Lord can call one to a different vocation at any time, and that includes The Sacrament of Matrimony.  If one should be called from Private vows to some form of consecrated life, the private vows do not have to be dispensed.  They are automatically dispensed.  If one feels called by The Lord to something less than consecrated life, then one must seek dispensation from a priest. The other matter (it has come to mind now) is that nothing stands between making a vow or vows public or private, the person making the vow or vows is quite free to choose at any time..........unless of course keeping the vows private (or making them known i.e. as against private or secret) is included in the vow or vows one makes.

I did not intend to make my response to a couple of your questions this long.  But one thing leads to another very often with me.

We do have active on Phatmass (most often in Vocations Forum) a Consecrated Virgin who is also a very learned person on many Church matters, including Canon Law and also Private Vows.  Her User Name is Sponsa Christi.  If you prefer not to ask questions in the Forum, you could always Private Message her.

I am not trying to put you off, palm you off onto someone else.  No way, but they are very good questions you ask and I just want to ensure you get spot on answers and Canon Law is known as a minefield - and why we have Canon Lawyers in Catholicism.  I think I have shared with you the information that you are asking accurately -  and I will get to all the questions, but I really did not intend this response to as long.............it just happened.

Also asking questions on Private Vows in a very active forum, like Vocations, Phatmass is a public forum open to anyone at all the public to read without becoming a member.  I will be trying to answer all your questions as very soon as I can :) 

Warm regards........Barb

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Barbara Therese,

I am Yvonne and I have a private vow of chastity. I know that we could add other vows. I am thinking of vowing not to look up my old Community and see what they are doing. Is that something legitimate.  Do you know if I could vow something like that?

Thank you an God bless.

• 1 month later...
On 11/3/2021 at 9:25 AM, Pax17 said:

Barbara, hope this latest episode passes quickly.

Hi Pax and thank you very much for well wishes.  This last episode would have to be the worst I have ever had.  I was a month in hospital; however, good news is that it is all over now.  Both recent episodes seem to have been triggered by problems with physical health.

I will try to catch up with this thread generally once I can catch up with my routine here in Bethany.  Over the month I was in hospital everything came undone including my payment of accounts.  I have the money to pay, it is a matter of actually paying them.

Catcha when I can...............regards...........Barb

Apologies, dont have time to do any reading or posting into this thread - but God Willing I will.  JUST NOW I REALLY HAVE TO REST DUE TO PHYSICAL INJURIES.The only thing I am prepared to share just now is this: rock and roll.  Stand like rock (thou art Peter, The Rock and on this rock ec) and roll with the punches.  There is an allusion to the myth of the phoenix that rises out of the ashes of the now dead phoenix = ashen lady, which is very close to passion or action lady.  I know what Jimmy Morrison meant in every word etc. of his lyrics.  I know him very well and actually met him here in Sth Aust when I was much younger - him too.  Were he still alive, he would be a few years older than me, ie creeping closes to 80 yoa.

Hand on the wheel and eyes on the road ahead = keep the wheel towards The Light, not to the darkness. Keep your eyes on the path you are called to follow.  I haven't posted any live of The Doors including vocalist Jimmy Morrison as all '

I've I seen to date on YOUTUBE are heavily edited and doctored.  Some are not him at all, but a very good imitation for sure - dubbing or mouthing I think it is called from actually Jim singing and dancing.  Imitators dancing is appalling and nothing like the real Jim Morrison I had no idea whatsoever who he was Imet him in that he was or was to become famous or more correctly, infamous.  dont know, dont care.  He is decd now.  And  yes, I HAVE SEEN ALL HIS VIDEOS ON YOU TUBE, OR RATHER SO CALLED THE DOORS VIDEOS.

All night long = second dark night of the soul of the universe.  Read Carmelite author OCD from Baltimore Carmel I think it was - writing on Impasse as The Dark Night.  ANd if you swallow every single word of any author at all..........you are nuts! Need your head read.

And Dr Ross Garnaut is an environmentalist of some repute.  My legal name is Barbara Mary Garnaut.

13 minutes ago, BarbaraTherese said:

Apologies, dont have time to do any reading or posting into this thread - but God Willing I will.  JUST NOW I REALLY HAVE TO REST DUE TO PHYSICAL INJURIES.The only thing I am prepared to share just now is this: rock and roll.  Stand like rock (thou art Peter, The Rock and on this rock ec) and roll with the punches.  There is an allusion to the myth of the phoenix that rises out of the ashes of the now dead phoenix = ashen lady, which is very close to passion or action lady.  I know what Jimmy Morrison meant in every word etc. of his lyrics.  I know him very well and actually met him here in Sth Aust when I was much younger - him too.  Were he still alive, he would be a few years older than me, ie creeping closes to 80 yoa.

Hand on the wheel and eyes on the road ahead = keep the wheel towards The Light, not to the darkness. Keep your eyes on the path you are called to follow.  I haven't posted any live of The Doors including vocalist Jimmy Morrison as all '

I've I seen to date on YOUTUBE are heavily edited and doctored.  Some are not him at all, but a very good imitation for sure - dubbing or mouthing I think it is called from actually Jim singing and dancing.  Imitators dancing is appalling and nothing like the real Jim Morrison I had no idea whatsoever who he was Imet him in that he was or was to become famous or more correctly, infamous.  dont know, dont care.  He is decd now.  And  yes, I HAVE SEEN ALL HIS VIDEOS ON YOU TUBE, OR RATHER SO CALLED THE DOORS VIDEOS.

All night long = second dark night of the soul of the universe.  Read Carmelite author OCD from Baltimore Carmel I think it was - writing on Impasse as The Dark Night.  ANd if you swallow every single word of any author at all..........you are nuts! Need your head read.

And Dr Ross Garnaut is an environmentalist of some repute.  My legal name is Barbara Mary Garnaut.

Last word shouted by Jim on the video is either fight or fright and i know both!  Ourfight - battle - as Catholics is with TheEvil One and those that serve it. And fight against it in whatever form Evil presents itself (and it can be fearful)whether minor or major - insofar as one might be able.  Remember that our Foounder is The Lord of AllMercies, under whose mantle we serve as our Queen and mother, Mary Mother of Mercy.

To learn about Pange Lingua Gloriosi + English Translation, go to https://www.learnreligions.com/pange-lingua-gloriosi-542695

Right now,I am extremely sad and devastated.  This too shall pass!  I am probably loosing good friends who have been mine, with me, almost since the beginning.  I am too Catholic for them, they have now through Phatmass and my recent posts deducted.

MOVING ON.........Good upon you, Bob - SLOW TRAIN COMING excellent -too marks from Angie (inc Ararat. Laura, Pentridge..... e v e n t u al ly Goulburn Jail Maximum Security - Australia) AKA. someof themanyway:  Barb, BT, CAREFUL.........PLUS A FEW MORE known 'ONTHE STREETS'

Have to go - must get myself something to eat: Lite and Easy soups and Main Meals - very cheap to those with Government Aged Care Packages eg me.  

I have to rest and watch our local news then ABC Australian News then SBS overseas news - hand on the wheel, eyes on the road ahead.

God Bless Laudate Dominum

Barb/Angie

Hi to my readers

Have a great 24 hours ahead...........with Hid Blessings strength Peace and Joy His Guidance at every thought word and everything else...

Come Holy Spirit in Your Seven Gifts to us.....teaching us the meaning of Free Will and Freedom...........grant us active social consciences 

Barb/Angie

Do we really think that the Good Lord will stand for all the parochial nonsense in which we hide our heads - AND "LISTEN YOU THAT DO HAVE EARS TO HEAR WITH"!

If we do not pray and do penance, if we do not pull our heads out of the sand of parochial holy holies........goody goody two shoes I call them.  COVID is going to get far worse than imagined and global warming will continue to rise.

What happens if water and the molten lava at the core of the earth - the lava boils and explodes -hence the explosion off Australia's east coast from an undersea volcano

As I wrote in one of my poems about the retribution from Almighty God we are about to face:  "as the earth erupts in pain"

I am donating to the humanitarian crisis in Africa and will be donating to saving our koalas who face extinction.

Once I can see daylight in my budget, I will be increasing my donation to Phatmass.  Believe youme in all sincerity and contemplative revelation, locution, if you like.  I dont care if I am called me a pineapple upside down cake, Phatmass Phorum, the work and burden of dUSt is vital vital vital  to The Church and perhaps even to its continued existence as we have known it.

LA Woman, = Lost and Alone, is abo0t the time Jim and I met and the incredible night we spent together

Man oh man, could Jim drive!

They are putting me back into hospital.  Rolling with the punches, Jim!

ROCK AND ROLL FOREVER - Standinglike a rock and rolling with the punches.  Jim and I were in it for God and neighbour.  Now ask yourself, who were Jim and I - dual natured? Angel/Human. I am the only female but plenty of angels now here dual natured..........Our Lord Jesus can send Jim back to earth if He Wishes and all of us too..........Mr Mojo = Satan

Jim is back and is being followed - I have let him know.....

FAR BETTER VIDEO VIDEO OF JIM ABOVE+

Edited by BarbaraTherese

• 2 weeks later...

I am still here on cell/mobile, but having heaps problems posting.

I am in psychiatric hospital. My son and brother trying to get me released. Might have to open case with Mental Health Tribunal.

Prayer much appreciated

• 2 months later...

At last, finally found this thread after so long absent.  I am posting into Open Mic into a thread I started "Still here .... ".  I will continue to post into that thread until I have caught up with what strikes me anyway as a mountain of catching up, not only on Phatmass here, and can comfortably come back to this thread and any posts I have not responded to for which I apologize.  I had been four months almost in hospital, no internet access, not much at all I was able to access including a haircut for some reason I never fathomed.  I had broken two bones near my right wrist or apparently, actualy bones in my right hand near the wrist.  They had trouble getting the bones into position with casts in order to mend.  I had X-rays and they had to remove the existing cast and recast.  That had to be done three times.  Yep! I was totally fed up with it all.......woes of the public patient and I was a long shot from being alone.:mad:  

I will get there....eventually.  When I got  around to going to the gym in the rehab live-in that was my temporary home, the sign said "Determination is the Key"......and I thought to myself -and I suffer it to a fault.  I call it bull-headedness.

I knew The Lord was with me every step, but only because I willed to know it, I didn't feel it,......and that determination to will it was like pushing that proverbial (heavy) barrel uphill.....and still is .......... that bull headedness of mine helps me along at times. :)

"Commitment is not a word, it is an action"..............

131485-What-Is-Commitment.jpg

................rotfl.................