An Old School Catholic Message Board

Private Vows in The Laity/Spirituality

BarbTherese

My son took me to see my psychiatrist this afternoon.  I don't have an alter ego nor anything related.  She thinks all is flowing from bipolar.  Boy! bipolar can really do the unexpected, the weird, even mimic other illnesses.  More about Flick later.  It's a very long story.  B, my psychiatrist, does not want to see me for another month.  In her language, that means that  she would like to keep tabs on me, but she is not worried nor concerned ......................... at this point anyway.   😀    

She did confess that psychiatry does not understand everything about mental illness, nor do they have a name for everything.

The cartoon below has a male patient; however, I thought overall that it is a pretty good summary of what a psychiatrist is about.   

1000_F_476584795_aOO6mPRYheZw7SFu7XFqUks

Edited by BarbTherese

BarbTherese

s-l500.jpg

""Little Way for Every Day, The: Thoughts from Thérèse of Lisieux"":

HERE

Condition:  GoodGood

“Slight Creasing To Spine and Wear To Edges Of Pages”

Price:      AU $4.54

Available on AMAZON as well.........and Kindle:          https://www.amazon.com.au/Little-Way-Every-Day-Thoughts-ebook/dp/B005Z52JIGd%2BaQCTeV5Sg==&ProductNo=99402916

Edited by BarbTherese

BarbTherese

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSW4rkFHw6puLJ_xKBKzK3          

Thursday 2nd March 2023

THE DIVINE OFFICE

Morning Prayer (Lauds)   https://universalis.com/CFID=254141/20230302/lauds.htm

Evening Prayer (Vespers)                                              https://universalis.com/CFID=254141/20230302/vespers.htm

Simeon-final-final-banner.jpg

If today is The Feast of The Presentation of The Lord in your local Liturgical Calendar:   Why we celebration The Feast of The Presentation of The Lord

BarbTherese

lent-quotes-megan-westra-1643299114.png?

Lord, teach us the meaning of freedom in Truth

BarbTherese

FLICK

The first time I met  Flick, he was wearing a jacket very similar to the one below; however, the jacket was a kind of reddish brown.

I was cooking in the kitchen, turned around to get something on the other bench and he was standing there:  "How the heck did you get in?" was met with no reply.  He was tall, around 6'2" or so with brownish black more or less wavy hair past his shoulders.  He looked nothing like a guy I had ever known, nor a picture I had ever seen.  He was a stranger.  It must have been an hallucination, I have since concluded, though he sure looked real, but then how did he get into my kitchen for goodness sake? That all occurred back in 1968, around then.  Flick has been with me ever since as a voice in my head, except for one other time.  He has always been a consoling presence, yet not a presence for he speaks but I cannot see him.  He is not directly from Heaven! I know that!  Nor is he from Hell in any way.  I am pretty confident about that.

I'll write more later.  My psychiatrist knows everything I know about Flick.  She says that I do not have an alter ego, nor some sort of disassociative Disorder.  The once head of The ANZ College of Psychiatrists said: Ï would love to write a paper on you, but all I could write is "I know someone called Barbara".

20200907-leather-jacket-03.jpg 

BarbTherese

depositphotos_87718816-stock-illustratio

Flick is much too human and male to be directly from Heaven, in that he is no angel for sure.  He can talk about and joke about quite sensual matters.  I don't think he is from Hell either, because he is a consoling 'presence', a consoling voice encouraging me along my way although in a disagreeing sort of way.  But he can respect what is MY way, my chosen way.   He has no grasping of private vows, nor why I made them in that he cannot identify with my reasons.  He is not religious in any way.  As I said, much too humanly non religiously male to be anything but human to me.  Perhaps he is merely a figure out of the hallucinations, madness and craziness, of a bipolar sufferer.  Perhaps.  Problem is, for anyone to state that what I have seen and hear is not real is madness to me, when I experience them as very real.

Warning:   The whole story of my association with Flick just might get too way out for some, even many, to continue reading.  C'est La Vie - and Life, I love You.

LYRICS TO "THE PILGRIMAGE" by Saxon HERE

To be continued.............

BarbTherese

lentquotes39-1581532386.jpg?crop=0.96890

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSW4rkFHw6puLJ_xKBKzK3                             

Divine Office 

Saturday 25th March 2023 - First Week of LENT 

Morning Prayer - Lauds https://universalis.com/20230304/lauds.htm

Evening Prayer - Vespers https://universalis.com/20230304/vespers.htm

2110314-Saint-Francis-de-Sales-Quote-You

BarbTherese

Stop_Press_s.jpg

STOP PRESS

Lenten (Previous) Post is for Saturday 4th March, not 25th March

BarbTherese

Having a bit of a rough time just now - I am attending the Pain Clinic today.  Please say a prayer for me, as I pray for you and your own intentions.

Thanks heaps