An Old School Catholic Message Board

Carla Discerning Vocation

Carla

Thank you for all the kind word support and prayers.I will post when i get some information.Now it is only start of the process it is long way ahead of me.

It seams that i need to start to reed topic about postulant shoes now it will be very useful :hehe2:

You're in my prayers, Carla! Keep me in yours as well - I need prayers right now. :)

Of course Ancilla you will be in my prayers.I hope you will found God's grace in what you looking for.I become very nervous lately but i think it is quite normal with the developing of the situation.But in the same time my heart is overjoyed.

Dominican Nuns Menlo Park

Thank you from my heart for this kind words that bring only joy in my heart,I have many ups and downs in my discerning but finally i have found piece in my heart.Before i have never think that i will be here on the edge of entering of religious life.I have thinking it only perriod and it will pass and soon i will have big family and devoted husband.But life end up rare in according to our plans,When you open your heart and when you ask grace.

Still i have great fear about future and adjusting in new life also i wondering my self i'm worth it to become Carmel one day.It is something beyond me.

Dear Carla,

If you read in the Bible, you will hear God repeats many times (someone said it is 365 times): Do not be afraid.  It is human nature to have fear but don't let fear paralyze you because you have Christ who always goes before you. I love this prayer from St. Francis de Sales below.  I wish you all the best and do know you are very dearly in the nuns' prayers.

Do not look forward in fear to the changes in life;
rather, look to them with full hope that as they arise,
God, whose very own you are,
will lead you safely through all things;
and when you cannot stand it,
God will carry you in His arms.

Do not fear what may happen tomorrow;
the same understanding Father who cares for
you today will take care of you then and every day.

He will either shield you from suffering
or will give you unfailing strength to bear it.
Be at peace,
and put aside all anxious thoughts and imaginations.

• 2 months later...

Again after 3 mouths quick update again. :hehe2: Soon i will found out about my application at Carmel.I'm very nervous now please pray for me. :amen: 

With great joy in my heart and soul i can announce that today i have receive letter of acceptance to Carmel of St. Joseph.I do not know yet my entrance day to enclosure but soon i will know and share this news with you!This news give me great joy in my heart and also little bit of fear.Now all become real and clear to me.The time came to search for postulant clothes and shoes :)

Lily May Gath

My Dear Carla,

May God bless you. I am so very happy to hear your wonderful news, and I will keep you in my prayers at this special time as you now begin to prepare for your entrance. Your posts have always been so kind and so loving. I am sure that God will continue to bless you and your family as you look forward to life in Carmel,

Lily

This is wonderful news Carla..........I'm so happy for you and you will be in my prayers as you prepare for your entrance to Carmel. 

God Bless You. !!

Congratulations Carla! I have loved reading your updates about your application to Carmel and I am so happy that you have been accepted! You are in my prayers during this special time!

Carla, congratulations and blessings!  Does this Carmel have a website or other place where we might be able to read more about it? Where, exactly, is it located? May your continued journey be happy, prayerful, and joy-filled. This is wonderful news.

Carla, congratulations and blessings!  Does this Carmel have a website or other place where we might be able to read more about it? Where, exactly, is it located? May your continued journey be happy, prayerful, and joy-filled. This is wonderful news.

Thank you all for your kind words!That mean to me a lot.Sister have website but it is very simple and on my native language.

It is order mostly with older sister and they are old fashioned in the case of internet.So website only have basic information.

http://breznica.karmel.hr/Pocetna.aspx.

I'm from Europe from Croatia.Location is most beautiful in the middle of nowhere on the edge of forest and they have own lake!

I will be around for some time but from today my preparations begins.I'm very exited and i have little fear but it is all normal with this change.Today all day i'm like in the clouds. :) I feel great and very blessed.