An Old School Catholic Message Board

Carla Discerning Vocation

Carla

I have need to thank you once more for all support and all messages you send me!Thank mean to me a lot!Here people are so kind and understand what this meant for me.

As i write here meny times i have beautiful family who is very supportive and so kind for me.We are blessed now with 2 vocation.As i write here before my sister is postulate for already 3 months, but we are discerning with 2 very different orders.So family and some of my closed friends are very supportive but rest of the people i know they react very different from that.Still i will be here on forum for some time because i do not know exact date of entrance.Soon i will found out this also i hope so.I will use this time to learn more here on forum and in my life to prepare my self better for entrance.If you have some question or suggestions i will be happy to listen them!

Praised be Jesus Christ! Hi Carla!! Oh my goodness, this is so wonderful!!! That looks like such a beautiful Carmel! Very happy for you! :clap: :nun2:

My Chrome browser was able to translate the site. The pictures are lovely, and the community seems to have several younger members, which will be lovely for you!

MarysLittleFlower

Thank you for sharing your story Carla and I'm so happy for you that you were accepted and can now move further in your discernment! :) I can relate to your story in ways because I also lived distantly from God and religion in high school and some university, and then I discovered more about Jesus and started to change my life.. I also felt I should change my lifestyle, clothes, not wear makeup etc. It was a challenge in ways but God gave me much peace on those things. I've been discerning for a few years and I feel both joy and fear in thinking about this. I very much want to belong fully and exclusively to Christ. The difference with me is I'm a convert to Catholicism and my parents really want me to marry, but that's so great that your family is supportive! :) I hope mine will be too in time. I don't know yet if its religious life or consecrated life in the world yet. I can also relate how earlier in your story you mentioned you went through doubts and were tempted.. That happened to me the same day I made a deeper commitment to not marrying and that sort of thing can be really confusing! Its like a test. I'm happy that you applied to Carmel and was accepted, Carmelite spirituality is so beautiful :) God bless you and you are in my prayers!

Edited by MarysLittleFlower

Praised be Jesus Christ! Hi Carla!! Oh my goodness, this is so wonderful!!! That looks like such a beautiful Carmel! Very happy for you! :clap: :nun2:

Yes it is i must say it is amazing community.I know you are expert in Carmel :) so this mean a lot for me when you say this.

My Chrome browser was able to translate the site. The pictures are lovely, and the community seems to have several younger members, which will be lovely for you!

I'm very glad that you like it.Yes this monastery it is amazing place to be it is placed in the nature i like this very much.It is isolated  and that is perfect place to be with God with any distraction of outside.It is kind of new build and Pope John Paul II visit it in 2003.Sisters did not have Vocation for meany years but this stared to changed few years ago.Now they have few new sisters and postulate in formation.Also i have found out that i will not enter alone in formation so this also made me very happy.

Thank you for sharing your story Carla and I'm so happy for you that you were accepted and can now move further in your discernment! :) I can relate to your story in ways because I also lived distantly from God and religion in high school and some university, and then I discovered more about Jesus and started to change my life.. I also felt I should change my lifestyle, clothes, not wear makeup etc. It was a challenge in ways but God gave me much peace on those things. I've been discerning for a few years and I feel both joy and fear in thinking about this. I very much want to belong fully and exclusively to Christ. The difference with me is I'm a convert to Catholicism and my parents really want me to marry, but that's so great that your family is supportive! :) I hope mine will be too in time. I don't know yet if its religious life or consecrated life in the world yet. I can also relate how earlier in your story you mentioned you went through doubts and were tempted.. That happened to me the same day I made a deeper commitment to not marrying and that sort of thing can be really confusing! Its like a test. I'm happy that you applied to Carmel and was accepted, Carmelite spirituality is so beautiful :) God bless you and you are in my prayers!

Thank you for listening my story.I must say it is long road ahead of me now.From yesterday i have enter of beautiful road with God' grace on this road and now i very exited to see where this road will take me.I hope i will have strength to stay on this path and be worth to become Carmel one day.I'm glad that my story inspire you in some way, this made me very proud but i must say it is not my credits. :) I have just decided to trust Christ and open my heart fully to him.I remove my fears and i open my heart completely to him.

When i remember my self in this time of collage i have been very distant from God in this time.I must say that religious life has not been on my mind in this period.I have been tempted many times but all this situations only grow my desire for Vocation.God has been very patient with me.He give me time to explore my self and my opinions.To maybe even end up in marry life,but i have refuse this because i have feel in my heart that i'm called to religious life.I need to long time to accept this but God give us free will that we realize this alone.That we enter religious life with great desire and with open heart to him.Of course big credits for this goes to my family.They raise us in most beautiful way and all the time encourage us to seek possibility of religious call.They give us great deal of freedom to explore all directions in life,but also they guide us that religious life i something beautiful,that

lived life in serving it is most beautiful way of lived life.And you see they prayers blessed my family with 2 vocations.Both me and my sister.My sister spend years traveling but i have not see her smiling more then now in her monastery.That is truly blessing.You will be in my prayers that you also found your vocation in any way it suits you.Also i will pray for your family that they realize how this mean for you.I know they will realize with time and give you support in your discerning. God bless you to.

One more i'm asking your prayers.In next few days i will found out exact date of my entrance,then soon countdown can begin :smile2:

This is a very exciting time for you  Carla and it is lovely that you will have company in the Postulate. I'm sure that many prayers are coming your way from all your friends here.

God Bless You. :nun3:  :nun3:

This is such wonderful news, Carla.  I've been wanting to reply to this thread but I've been having trouble signing in.  I have to say that reading about your vocation discernment has been very inspiring for me.  I am very excited and happy for you!  I am going to go look at your Carmelites now.  Praised Be Jesus Christ!

This morning i have found out my entrance day.I will enter in enclosure in June 21.By my calculations it is 122 days from now!

Can not wait this moment thank you for all your prayers :nun3:

J.M.+J.T.

Praised be Jesus Christ!

This is wonderful news! I am so joyful for you, Carla! I must admit though, your kind, loving posts will be missed here by, I am sure, many people.

It is a comforting thought though to think we meet in Christ when we receive His Holy flesh and blood!

I have been keeping you in prayer for a few months now, and I will continue to do so. I hope you will remember me at least once when you enter into the convent. May Jesus shower you with graces and the strength to follow His Holy will for you!

Your sister in Christ  :nun1: