An Old School Catholic Message Board

Carla Discerning Vocation

Carla

Thank you all for your kind words!That mean to me a lot.Sister have website but it is very simple and on my native language.

It is order mostly with older sister and they are old fashioned in the case of internet.So website only have basic information.

http://breznica.karmel.hr/Pocetna.aspx.

I'm from Europe from Croatia.Location is most beautiful in the middle of nowhere on the edge of forest and they have own lake!

I will be around for some time but from today my preparations begins.I'm very exited and i have little fear but it is all normal with this change.Today all day i'm like in the clouds. :) I feel great and very blessed.

Carla, it looks like your Carmel has a statue of Our Lady of Banneux, the Virgin of the Poor, in the courtyard! She is beautiful!! :heart:

19.jpg

50.jpg

She looks like how she did at Lourdes (and even appeared on February 11th too) but you can tell the difference in statues because her head is always leaning down and a little to the side, and her hands in prayer are usually out a little. Here's a nice page with a summary of the apparitions there, https://ourladyofthepoormission.wordpress.com/2013/10/25/24/

Oh Carla, how exciting!! Cherish these moments as your entrance day will be here before you know it!!

Yes true!Time is passing so quickly.I want to do some thinks more before entering.

Carla, it looks like your Carmel has a statue of Our Lady of Banneux, the Virgin of the Poor, in the courtyard! She is beautiful!! :heart:

19.jpg

50.jpg

She looks like how she did at Lourdes (and even appeared on February 11th too) but you can tell the difference in statues because her head is always leaning down and a little to the side, and her hands in prayer are usually out a little. Here's a nice page with a summary of the apparitions there, https://ourladyofthepoormission.wordpress.com/2013/10/25/24/

Thank you for this.I'm amazed with you knowledge about Carmelite and orders generally.I just need to work on my self a lot still.But sisters and amazing and kind to me and helping me a lot.My future monastery is such a beautiful place as you can  see at pictures.But neither picture can not describe how is beautiful there :)

First when weather become better i will have family trip to Rome.We will go all together i will like to see again churches of Rome and Vatican.Then i will visit some relatives at sea for few days.Then i have a lot of technical stuff to take care.I will give away stuff and clothes.I want to to made list of stuff i want to bring into the monestery.I will like to see also some family and friends i did not see for long time and of course the most important be with my family and spending time with them.And most important i need to work on me and my spirituality.That is basic wishes for now.For sure i will in this period think off much more :)

The time will fly by! :)

Yes true.Time is really passing so quickly.A lot of plains and not so much time do made it. :hehe:

Here is a gift of a song, Carla!  It's the Carmelites of Lipa singing "Therese's Canticle of Love" written by Sr. Marie-Therese Sokol, OCD.  It is used in Leonardo DeFilippis' movie "Therese"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdGnPG-yWdY

We are all so happy for you! :heart:

Thank you for the wishes and for this beautiful song.All peoples here are so kind to me thank you for this from my heart.

For my discerning i have long time keep this in my family and closest friends.Now when i got the date and i accept i have share this with wider range of peoples i know.

And of course as excepted i got all kind of reactions.Did someone here got similar experience ?

When I told my parents, I got a terse response from my mother, my dad grinned, my grandmother said 'oh that's nice' and a seminarian who was at our parish at the time, asked me so many questions -- in front of people-- that it was more of a put down and embarrassment rather than support. So, yes, just as people are different, so will their responses be! Don't let the negatives pull you down!!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your kind words and for your prayers.Yes my parents and very proud.It is great honor to have 2 vocations in family it is truly a blessing.

My parents always encourage us to seek possible religious calling in our lives.But also i realize that it is not easy for them.I know they have pray for vocations but a lot of thinks happen in short period of time.My sister till last year lived very different and distant life.We did now know at all that she considering religious life.But after enter in monastery in one walk she told me that she already know for some longer time that she is called.She just wanted to give her self time to do some thinks she want and she can not do this when she enter.She keep this only for herself and for God.This has been great surprise for me because i have thinks that we are close.But after some time i realize we all have different paths and different vocations.My sister and i join in very different communities.She join open Dominican order.Order that teach.For me it is something compliantly else.I will join enclosed and older community.I can feel in my hear that i'm called there same as she feel about her order.My mother have same surprise with me telling her i want to join Enclosed order ,same she got similar surprise when my sister tell her that she will join.So i have great deal of understanding what my parents are feeling now.So in this time before my entering i want to spend as much i can time with them.Yes i have been sad because i will not be there when she take her first vows,but i have accept this.I will be with her and with my family every day in my prayers and in toughs thinking about them.

Today it is 100 days before my entrance.I know that time borders exist only in our heads but still today i have pass one one mark closer to my Vocation and i'm very happy because of this.Also last weekend i have visited sisters and i have meet the girl who will enter with me.It is so beautiful she is 2 years younger then me!She seams so happy in the time of waiting same as me.It is very beautiful time period for both of us.

My days are very busy i have so much to do yet :)

I want to thank you for all the messages and emails you send me that i so kind from all of you.

You are in my prayers God bless you all

Carla.

May the next 100 days be a time of great personal growth for you, Carla!  I'm sure that I speak for the VS community when saying that it has been a joy and privilege to follow your journey to Carmel.  God's quiet, steady providence will be with you every step of the way.  And while you are waiting, here is another beautiful video (by "la petite Therese")!

Blessings!