An Old School Catholic Message Board

Carla Discerning Vocation

Carla

I'm sure her prayers save many souls.God bless her.

Nice picture on your user!

​Thank you i will pass her your regrets.Yes it is nice picture of St. Joseph.Carla ask me to remove her picture it is not appropriate that it stands here any more.

• 1 month later...

I just want to give quick update about Carla.Yesterday one month after her entrance we have visited Carla for first time in her community.It has been short visit but still it bring huge joy in my family.She is quite good still adjusting for new lifestyle and new routine.She give me specially notice that she is praying for all of you and she is sending all you big hugs!

God bless you all!

I just want to give quick update about Carla.Yesterday one month after her entrance we have visited Carla for first time in her community.It has been short visit but still it bring huge joy in my family.She is quite good still adjusting for new lifestyle and new routine.She give me specially notice that she is praying for all of you and she is sending all you big hugs!

God bless you all!

Thank you! I thought of Carla over the weekend as I remembered she would have been in for about a month. Good to hear she is doing well!

:o)Katherine:o)

Thank you so much for the update!

She has been in my thoughts and prayers.

God Bless you as well! :)

Thank you for the update!! Carla's posts were such a joy to read and I'm glad she is doing well. When you see her next time, let her know that we are thinking of her and praying for her! 

I also am glad that she is doing well. I chatted with her once on the chat system here. I am glad that she is settling in nicely. It does take a while to adjust to the lifestyle

• 2 weeks later...

I apologize for my slow writing beck to you all.First of all thank you for the all good wishes and prayers for Carla.She told me many times how peoples here are very important to her and i know that she become very close with some of you.That is only reason that i will write some news about her formation.

It has been kind of short and not really arranged visit it is more that some thinks are happen that days so we are able to see her for short period of time.

As i can see is this short time she is very happy.The first official  family visit we will have in the mid of October.As you already know Carla join cloisterd and they are very sensitive about postulants contact with outside world in formation.We all of course understand this but still she miss to us very very much.But also we.

know that now she need to have personal time to be with her order and Our Lord to know future of her Vocation,When we talk in this time she talk mostly about her devotion to Carmel,that she reading a lot and work hard of her spiritual life.About other thinks she only tell me that it is still hard to adjust to new routine and that she have problem with heat and her postulant outfit (Here last 2 weeks it is around 40C every single day)

At the end i must say that i very proud of both of my sisters,We have all different paths and Vocations.For me my Vocation is my family and i devoted to them fully.

As my Vocation is not religious life still i praying that at lest one of my children took this holy and road full of our Lord's grace for his life.

God bless you all!

Thank you for your updates. I followed Carla's vocation here on phatmass and I really admire the courage of everyone who like her takes the plunge into religious life. 

TheresaThoma

Thank you so much for the update. It is good to hear that despite a few difficulties she is doing well. Prayers for her and for you and your family!

Thank you for your updates. I followed Carla's vocation here on phatmass and I really admire the courage of everyone who like her takes the plunge into religious life. 

Thank you for your kind words.I think exactly the same for both of my sisters and i'm enormously proud on both of them!Today religious life demand to be very brave because we live now in much different world then before.When i have news about her i will write here.

God bless you all!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is so good to read, i miss her so much our talks kept me going and her posertivity as well:)

Katie

Thank you Katie:)

Whole family will visit Carla at the beginning of October and i will pass her yours and from all others regards.

This visit will be first that i will see her and talk with her for longer period of time after she enter this summer.

When i found out some news i will share it here.

God bless you all.

• 1 month later...

After long time i have again something to share with you.Last weekend we have family trip and visit Carla in the monastery.Whole family spend there really amazing day there.This time with Carla fill us with great joy and excitement.It is already passed nearly four months of her entering in the community.She is now looking quite different.Before she have very long hair and how she cut it pretty shorter.It is easier to handle with it and easier to stand hot summer with less hair.We have long conversation,generally she is fine but she have some ups and downs.She is saying that she need more time to adjust to monastery routine.In our talking she confess to me that she have few very hard moments in this 4 months,but without other sisters it will be even harder for her.They help her a lot and they have great deal of patience for her in adjusting for new life.Carla is working very hard on herself and she is reading really a lot.Working on her spirit life and getting know more about Carmel spirituality is now mostly what she do now.Also other sisters slowly involve her in monastery work and duties but in general she is helping in some choirs but postulate are not that involved in daily duties in the monastery.Soon i will write more about this wist if you are interested till then please pray for Carla and for her Vocation.

God bless you all

I'm so glad that you spent a lovely day with Carla and appreciate you letting us know how she is settling down. It doesn't seem that she entered four months ago.!

Many prayers for Carla and all your family at this time.