An Old School Catholic Message Board

Carla Discerning Vocation

Carla

Thank you for sharing this lovely news of Carla. Many prayers for her as she prepares to enter the novitiate and also for you and all your family at this time.

God BLess

Gosh, I was just thinking of her and posted a prayer intention for her. Such wonderful news!! Prayers for her as she prepares to enter this next chapter of formation. :pray: Thank you for keeping us posted. 

4 hours ago, BarbaraTherese said:

I think our fearless leader, dUSt,:nun1: might have done some mischievious tweaking so that awe-some (without the hyphen) posts always as amesome. 

Josefa:

This is it exactly. The administrator - dUSt - has set up a couple of "fiddlers." Whenever you type certain words, Phatmass automatically changes them:

p-an-t-s gets changed to "pantaloons;"

c-h-e-e-s-e gets changed (but I can't remember what it gets changed TO - "coagulated milk curds"?);

and a-w-e-s-o-m-e gets changed to "amesome."

It's just for fun. It's not your phone! (And some people call the fiddlers "fiddlers" because the fiddlers "fiddle around with" or "play with" these words.) 

57 minutes ago, Luigi said:

Josefa:

This is it exactly. The administrator - dUSt - has set up a couple of "fiddlers." Whenever you type certain words, Phatmass automatically changes them:

p-an-t-s gets changed to "pantaloons;"

c-h-e-e-s-e gets changed (but I can't remember what it gets changed TO - "coagulated milk curds"?);

and a-w-e-s-o-m-e gets changed to "amesome."

It's just for fun. It's not your phone! (And some people call the fiddlers "fiddlers" because the fiddlers "fiddle around with" or "play with" these words.) 

F-i-l-t-e-r-s becomes "fiddlers." I didn't realized that there was a fiddler for f-i-l-t-e-r. :)

Thank you  so  much  Luigi !

It  didn'the  make  sense  at all ,  especially  since  I  had  already  changed  the language - setting  to  English  !

Normally  it''s  Dutch .....

IgnatiusofLoyola
On 7/22/2016 at 11:55 AM, Josefa said:

Thank you  so  much  Luigi !

It  didn'the  make  sense  at all ,  especially  since  I  had  already  changed  the language - setting  to  English  !

Normally  it''s  Dutch .....

Josepha--Thank-you SO much for keeping us informed of how Carla is doing. We appreciate it very much!

Also, please don't feel embarrassed about being confused about the f-i-l-t-e-r-s on Phatmass. The main intent of f-i-l-t-e-r-s is to change words that a person might have used that others might find offensive, or perhaps simply make them uncomfortable. Although we haven't given examples, there are f-i-l-t-e-r-s for these "controversial" words, too. (Note: In most cases, a person has used a "possibly offensive" word by accident, but also, people on Phatmass have different ideas about words they might consider "offensive.")

dUSt, who owns and administers Phatmass, has a wonderful (and sometimes mischievous) sense of humor, so additional words are f-i-l-t-e-r-e-d, too, usually with silly results.

BTW--I have had NO trouble understanding your posts, so please, never apologize for the English in your posts!

Swami Mommy

Ignatius of Loyola wrote:  

"dUSt, who owns and administers Phatmass, has a wonderful (and sometimes mischievous) sense of humor, so additional words are f-i-l-t-e-r-e-d, too, usually with silly results."

i personally find those silly f-i-l-t-e-r-s really annoying, not cute.  'Pantaloons' and 'amesome' are particularly aggravating.  Just sayin'...

Edited by Swami Mommy

13 hours ago, Nunsuch said:

Um, shouldn't they be called "philters"?

That makes me think of love potions...

• 1 month later...

After time of sorting out impressions and give yourself time to process last development in Carla vocation i can now share with you that Carla is entered Novitiate on Sunday 4th.It has been short and beautiful ceremony.Carla will continue formation with sisters and working on her vocation with God's grace.Please pray for her.Soon i will be able to share few pictures.

God bless you all!

Prayer for Carla........and...........:dance6:  :frantics:

Please convey to Carla when you can a big, hearty congratulations in moving on to a new stage of her Carmelite journey and discerning - and God's continuing blessings at every step in her noviciate and onwards.  Wonderful news indeed! :dance3:

Pictures at some point would be sensational too, if able.

• 8 months later...