An Old School Catholic Message Board

Carla Discerning Vocation

Carla

Carmelite4christ

I was wondering too, what's wonderful story that was shared.  I remember meeting a lovely Dominican sister who I became friends with, and  she was in a nursing home, she could be my grandmother, and I seen pictures of her when she was young, what a beautiful girl she was  back in the day. my father also agreed. Lol. But what impressed me about her was her story, she had a young man who interested  in taking her out, but she wasn't  sure. Eventually she got sick with meningitis and as she was hospitalized, she prayed and said to the lord, if I get better, I will become a nun and serve you. Well, she got better and indeed became a Dominican nun, her words made a big impression on my heart. Her words were, (I became a nun and was never sorry! ) We  all have different vocations, different work to do for god. Another nun,a Franciscan, i met on a youth retreat one time, (then at the time I wanted to be a nun, )and she put her thumbs up, and said.. Jesus.. he's all that matters. Even though I didn't become a nun, it doesn't mean we can't love and serve God, as a nun does. True, they are single hearted for the lord and have less distractions, I think because they don't have to deal with the pressures of the world. But we can love Jesus with all of our heart, in the vocation he calls us to.  I pray for the rest  of my life those words from those nuns will always leave an impression on my heart in how I want to live for Christ. :)

• 2 months later...

After long time again i have news.Carla will take her first vow on Sunday 3rd of September.Please pray for her in her formation and her vocation.God bless you all.

Praise God!!!  This post absolutely made my day.  Carla's faith journey has been one of incredible joy to follow from afar.  

Such wonderful news!  So happy to hear she adjusted will and is ready for vows :) Please keep us posted, it warms the heart to hear she is doing well! 

• 5 weeks later...

Dear friends in Christ,

After more then 2 years i have returned.I'm having now different name and it seams it is not possible to change my profile name.

So i'm not sure by rules should i open new profile?I have so many to write tell and share with all of you.This two years has been most amazing time in my life in many ways.

I will not be here very often but i will be from time to time.Soon i will write and share my last two years.Till then i will pray for all of you and you will be in my heart and in my mind.

Now s. Marija Mihaela (Carla)

Dear  Sr. Marija Mihaela  ,

Thank you for the update  ,   and  your  prayers  !!

Congratulations  again    and  I  am  looking  forward  to  reading   about  your  journey  so  far  .:blowkiss:

3 hours ago, Carla said:

Dear friends in Christ,

After more then 2 years i have returned.I'm having now different name and it seams it is not possible to change my profile name.

So i'm not sure by rules should i open new profile?I have so many to write tell and share with all of you.This two years has been most amazing time in my life in many ways.

I will not be here very often but i will be from time to time.Soon i will write and share my last two years.Till then i will pray for all of you and you will be in my heart and in my mind.

Sister Marija Mihaela, it's fine to keep your current username, but if you want to change it you can ask dUSt. :) 

It's lovely to see you back. I'm praying for you.

Dear Sr. Marija Mihaela,

What a lovely (and much needed) surprise to see your post this morning when I signed in.  Many of us have been praying for you over these past "silent years" with updates from your sister from time to time.  Continued prayers and blessings as you continue on in religious life.

16 hours ago, Carla said:

Dear friends in Christ,

I love your new name! Sr. Maria Michael! I will pray for you.

Sr. Marija Mihaela !! So wonderful to hear from you.  Love you new name!  I think it is safe to say that we all have been waiting for this day and to hear how you are doing! :) Prayers and a lifetime of blessings for you!