An Old School Catholic Message Board

Carla Discerning Vocation

Carla

TheresaThoma

I think being nervous is very normal. One sister told me that if you aren't nervous at some point than there is something wrong!

I'm a convert and I remember a few days before the Easter Vigil I became very nervous and almost wanted to not go through with it that year. I knew how big of a deal getting baptized and coming into the Church was and I didn't feel prepared (the not being prepared part was untrue, my formators did an excellent job!). I trusted my friends and RCIA director and their opinions so I managed to push through those fears.

God Bless you on the next stage of your journey.

I'm thinking of you as you prepare for your entrance next week. Very many prayers for you Carla and your family at this time.

God Bless you all .

I want to thank you with whole my heart.I get so amazing and inspirational messages and emails from you some of them even made me cry.Once again thank you

You will be in my prayers God bless you all!

MarysLittleFlower

It left only 11 days before my entrance.I'm very piece full in my heart but also little bit scared about what is coming.My vocation director and priest and sisters they all assure me that is very normal to be nervous.It help me a lot that i have talk with my sisters.She have similar feels last year when she enter her order.Few days before her entrance she has been so nervous that in one point she wanted to postpone it for some other time.But she pass this time period and now she is happy!Still praying help me a lot.I fell my self then safe and after it confided that my path is right.I have take care most of the stuff i wanted but sure every day i remember just one more think to do.Last weekend i have done little barbecue in our yard for my collage friends.With some of them i'm close and with some who live far from here not so much.Still it is nice to see that more then 20 friends came.It has been amazing afternoon to spend with them and to share our common memories from collage days.It is nice to found out that one of the friends from collage is entering seminary this fall and few more are considering different vocations.Time is passing so quick.Next week i will pack one box with some personal stuff and some books that is all what i'm bringing to monastery.

I'm here on forum for few more days but you all are in my prayers all the time.God bless you all!

That's so wonderful!! :) prayers for you Carla and please remember us in your prayers too :) God bless you!!

That's so wonderful!! :) prayers for you Carla and please remember us in your prayers too :) God bless you!!

​Marys Little Flower thank you.Thank you specially for you prayers be sure you are all are mine.I have finishing packing my box for monastery so now i just waiting Sunday to start new chapter of my life.I'm very exited because of this.I can not wait to enter Enclosure and give my self totally to our Lord.To trust him with whole my heart that we will guide me thru my formation

My thoughts and prayers are with you dear Carla!! Your Community looks lovely! I'll say a prayer for you on Sunday :) and hope to see you one day on your Community's website. May Our Lord bless you abundantly and Our Lady guide you on your journey closer to Him. 

Hna.Caridad

Dear Carla,

I just wanted to drop you a note to let you know that you are in my prayers as you begin this next step on your vocation journey.  May you continue to experience God's countless blessings in your life.

That's all folks for a longer time.This will be my last post on Phatmass for a longer period of time probably.As you already know i entering clositerd community and during my formation i do not have access to internet.Formation of young postulant who is asking to become part of community one day is very sensitive and internet in that way can be very big distraction in this time period.If i stay with community and take by first vows it is possibility that i can write again on forum.But for now it is long future for me and if i become part of the community writing here will not depends only by decision do to it.

My older sister will have access to my profile here and my email.She will not post here put if you want to know something or ask address ,some information be free to contact her.Also she will handle my email (carla412@outlook.com).In last few weeks you send me a lot of beautiful emails with words of support.That mean a lot for me.This emails and this words and i will carry them with me all my life.Some of you ask from me some information in future and that we stay in touch.So i just posting it here that you all know for now it will not be possible but if you have desire my sister will happy to replay you.

Just wanted to say this has been beautiful journey.Like all good thinks in life with many ups and downs.Few years ago i have desire to become Franciscan sister but this has been my desire not my Vocation.But than God has been patient with me and i have found my Vocation.In this period i have a lot of questioning my self can i really do it? Can i really left my family and friends.?After long discerning i have realize that yes,i leaving dear people behind but i will gain much more.

I will have chance to give my self totally to Him.To give Him my soul and my heart and to serve him in praying for others.To spend life in His grace is much more then any things i need to left behind me.

This few days still at home i do not want to spend near TV or Internet.I will like to spend it with my family and my close peoples.I will spend it in praying and adoration.I'm waiting this Sunday with great excitement .After Mass service i will enter new chapter in my life.

Be sure you will be in my heart and in my prayers there.

Carla

So she's there now, right?

:nun2:

​First of all i need to tell you Carla can not write here anymore for some time.I'm her older sister and i will made some update here when i got some news.I do not know do i need to change now forum name because i'm just writing in her name.

Just wanted to tell you that Carla enter the enclosure this Sunday.The ceremony has been very beautiful and so emotional for all of us.She wants to thank you for all the support and all pryers for her and her Vocation.When i can and when i found out i will put some news here.

She just wanted to tell you all that you are all in her heart and her prayers,God bless you all.