An Old School Catholic Message Board

Carla Discerning Vocation

Carla

Please be assured of my prayer for you, Carla as you seek God's will for you. Always be attentive to the Holy Spirit, and stay open to God's call. With love and prayer,

Kim Lee xxx

Please be assured of my prayer for you, Carla as you seek God's will for you. Always be attentive to the Holy Spirit, and stay open to God's call. With love and prayer,

Kim Lee xxx

Kim Lee. thank you for all this amazing suport.Your blog is simple great.God bless you.

In last couple of days i' m thinking that God tempting me in my discerning vocation.One guy from my collage couple of times ask me to meet him.I know him only from classes and not in person and he is not knowing for my discerning.I have pray for last two days and i have decided to tell him today that i can not meet him.I know that here we have a lot of sisters and postulans.Did you have similar experience ?

In last couple of days i' m thinking that God tempting me in my discerning vocation.One guy from my collage couple of times ask me to meet him.I know him only from classes and not in person and he is not knowing for my discerning.I have pray for last two days and i have decided to tell him today that i can not meet him.I know that here we have a lot of sisters and postulans.Did you have similar experience ?

God does not tempt!  This is not some diabolical plan, this is just life. 

James 1:12-18 : Blessed is he who perseveres in temptation, for when he has been proven he will receive the crown of life that he promised to those who love him. No one experiencing temptation should say, “I am being tempted by God”; for God is not subject to temptation to evil, and he himself tempts no one. Rather, each person is tempted when lured and enticed by his desire. Then desire conceives and brings forth sin, and when sin reaches maturity it gives birth to death.

I would defer to women on this question instead of me, but if I were in your shoes I would consider telling the guy the truth (I'm not dating, I'm discerning) and that would solve the problem.  Also, if this is a problem you should be able to change the way you dress & quit wearing makeup to scare guys off pretty easily.

ChristinaTherese

Also, if this is a problem you should be able to change the way you dress & quit wearing makeup to scare guys off pretty easily.

I don't wear makeup (never have, never will, all the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't convince me to unless it was stage makeup) and dress modestly, but I've had a few guys get crushes on me in the last few years. But, yes, being upfront about the fact that you're discerning and not available is good. And trying to be nice... guys have feelings too.

Spem in alium

I would be open with him for sure - tell him you're unavailable. Since I began actively discerning I've had a few guys I've been interested in or who have appeared to be interested in me, and a few times I've had to tell them. It can be difficult, but it's much better than leading them on and possibly causing serious hurt.

I'm similar to CT. I don't like makeup much, so have worn it rarely (and the times I have worn makeup it's been noticed), and I dress in a way which would be considered "conservative", but I have still sensed guys interested in me. It happens, and if you're discerning religious life it can definitely become a struggle if you don't tackle it with honesty and openness.

God does not tempt!  This is not some diabolical plan, this is just life. 

James 1:12-18 : Blessed is he who perseveres in temptation, for when he has been proven he will receive the crown of life that he promised to those who love him. No one experiencing temptation should say, “I am being tempted by God”; for God is not subject to temptation to evil, and he himself tempts no one. Rather, each person is tempted when lured and enticed by his desire. Then desire conceives and brings forth sin, and when sin reaches maturity it gives birth to death.

I would defer to women on this question instead of me, but if I were in your shoes I would consider telling the guy the truth (I'm not dating, I'm discerning) and that would solve the problem.  Also, if this is a problem you should be able to change the way you dress & quit wearing makeup to scare guys off pretty easily.

With this tempting i have not thinking anything bad.I'm not thinking that God want something bad from me in that way.Right now i' m in kind of crossroad.My desire for religious life is big in my heart , but i' m full of doubts.Like this with this guy.It is more that i'm tempting my faith in my vocation.

But with every day my desire is bigger and bigger.Yesterday i have tell this guy what is the reason.I'm not sure did he even consider me serious.But this situation grow my desire for religious life.I want to become bride of Christ from the bottom of my heart.

About makeup and clothes.I'm using only light makeup but soon i will stop even this.And with clothes i have totally changed everything.As i told you before i have been average girl dressing my self pretty openly.But when i feel my vocation one year ago i have change it totally.Now i'm only wearing long skirt and dress pants and sweaters or shirt complete button up so i'm not thinking clothes is the problem.

For now i will work more on my spiritual life i will pray and i will visit different orders,and i'm sure God will show me the way to my vocation.

Edited by Carla

Just want to give quick update.I have started with visiting different orders.Last weekend i have visited Carmelite order located 30 km from my home.

I have spend amazing time there and i have praying with the sisters.Spending time there give a great piece and joy in my heart.

They have new Monastery located in the woods and they have lake very close.Nature and praying is best way to get rid of life stress we all have (soon i have exams).

Soon i will pick new order to visit:)

And if someone want to Join Kim's vocation chat be free to join tomorrow from 8-9 (UK Time)

https://www.facebook.com/events/265906476904147/

God bless you all.

Great to hear about your journey, I'll be praying for you. Extra good to hear about someone else considering their vocation from the UK :flex2:

Great to hear about your journey, I'll be praying for you. Extra good to hear about someone else considering their vocation from the UK :flex2:

O yes i'm considering my vocation and i'm working on it.But sadly i'm not from UK

O yes i'm considering my vocation and i'm working on it.But sadly i'm not from UK

Ah. I must have got overly optimistic after seeing your Europe designation and reference to UK time :doh: Prayers and best wishes anyway :bounce:

Ah. I must have got overly optimistic after seeing your Europe designation and reference to UK time :doh: Prayers and best wishes anyway :bounce:

Thank you for your kind wishes and praying also for sure i will need it in my discerning vocation.

• 5 weeks later...

I last couple of weeks i have visit Carmel sisters 2 times and i have fell in love their in their spirituality.I'm felling great change in me and i have meany temptations so please pray for me.I'm just finishing collage and i have a lot of stress in my life.