An Old School Catholic Message Board

Has Anyone Had Any Experience With The Icksp?

bardegaulois

bardegaulois

Or Institute of Christ the King Sovereign Priest?

I'm finding myself really drawn there for a number of reasons. First and foremost would obviously be that I hear the Traditional Latin Mass nearly exclusively. But what makes the Institute stand out over to me over and above the other Latin-Mass groups would be its "culturedness," for lack of a better term, and the bent of its priests toward mysticism.

So does anyone have any experience with them? Or does anyone know of any other institutes or societies (including vowed orders) that are quite similar in charism and spirit?

Thanks for your time.

EmmaElizabeth

My parish (St. Mary's Oratory) is an apostolate of the Institute and yes you are correct they are completely TLM!!

~EmmaElizabeth

Ancilla Domini

My family and I spent a few days at the Institute of Christ the King seminary, in Gricigliano, last year. I got to talk with one of the sisters, briefly, when they came to the seminary for mass. I didn't get to spend much time with them, but they're an absolutely lovely order.

Edited by Ancilla Domini

For some reason, I thought their seminary was in Mission, British Columbia. I live in Vancouver, and my Grandmother always speaks about how beautiful their chanting is. I've been wanting to check it out for some time. Can't recommend them enough, based on the small amount I've heard of them. 

truthfinder

The Seminary of Christ the King is not associated with this order. It is run by the monks of Westminster Abbey of Mission, B.C. They do have a tendency to chant, and while orthodox, they are not "traditional". (They do, however, produce some very fine diocescan priests)