An Old School Catholic Message Board

For Those Who Know Sr Faith Cecilia

maximillion

maximillion

She has given me permission to let people know that her deteriorating health situation has meant she is not able to continue in community.

We all know what a huge effort she has made and how the Sisters have waited and hoped and prayed she would recover. Carmelite life is austere, we all know that and one needs to be in full health in order to be able to live the life.

I know you will join me in praying for her intentions as well as those of the community.

If anyone wants to contact me you can do so by pm......

Thanks for all your prayerful support.

PrayerSupporter

Oh, my.  Many heartfelt prayers for her.  God love her and hold her very close.  Fiat.

maximillion

Thank you to all of you who have responded, my thanks, and I am sure, hers too. 

She is still with the community and is being given all assistance to make the transition when she is ready. Her health is still not too brilliant. I will be certain to pass on the prayers and well wishes....

Thank you.

Maximillion, please convey to her that I am also praying for her to have a complete recovery and an easy transition to life outside the convent if she should not.

faithcecelia

Thank you for posting this Max, and for the prayers and support from all of you. In case any of you don't know the situation, I have been asthmatic since childhood but very well controlled and it hasn't affected my life except for when Ive had the odd chest infection, etc. 16mths ago I had such an infection and got the usual treatment, but when the infection cleared, the asthma continued to get worse. Back in the summer I was diagnosed with Brittle asthma and since then have been in and out of hospital, so far Ive spent a total of about 6mths in hospital and the asthma is still not controlled even though I am now on about 30 drugs, including a continuous infusion of one of the reliever drugs under my skin, steroids and 3 nebulised drugs. Its breaking my heart to be leaving Carmel again, this time knowing its highly unlikely I will be able to return to religious life at all due to my health (it is a life-threatening condition, and I have been extremely ill many times since it started). I'm also having to adjust to being considered disabled and unable to work. Please continue to pray for me, and for the community I will be leaving. Thank you xx

Oh, Faith, I've been praying for you for months, but this is hard to hear.   Will pray in a special way that God is present for you and lead you to the way He wants you to serve him.  Anything any of us can do we will do..... just let us know....

Lilllabettt

I have been where you are now. I can't remember which was worse -  physical suffering or emotional suffering. But please know they both will pass.  prayers for you