An Old School Catholic Message Board

Abbey Of Regina Laudis

Lumiere

Whew......

After reading about the women profiled in the above links (and the other nuns in the abbey), I think there's enough talent in the Abbey to start their own university :)  Incredible!

Swami Mommy

I just love this monastery.  When I look at the faces of these dedicated women, I see them as friends I just haven't personally met yet!  If I were to become a cloistered nun, this is the monastery that I would choose (and, I confess, I often daydream of what it would be like to enter there as a postulant, though I'm too old now for their eligibility requirements).  There is a vibrancy in their deep connection to the earth that shows in the inner joy that radiates from them and I can feel their connection and commitment they have for each other.  How sublime it would be to live with others who share the common passion to become intimate with the indwelling Lord and who make an awareness of God the central focal point of their lives!

I love Sister Kateri's invesiture - she got a chain saw as a present.  Just think that is cool awe.somesauce.