An Old School Catholic Message Board

Nashville Adds 9 Priests

cappie

nas-priestsordained-01.jpg

Nashville welcomed nine men into the Roman Catholic priesthood Saturday, setting a statewide record and promising relief to overworked priests ministering to some of the fastest-growing congregations in the country.

The gain is good news for the 67 priests already spread across 38 counties in Middle Tennessee. At least 70,000 registered Catholics call Middle Tennessee home, and that number is growing. The Center for Applied Research in the Apostolate at Georgetown University earlier this year ranked Nashville eighth in the nation for its rate of converts.

But statistical significance was just a footnote for each of the nine men who knelt before the altar at the Cathedral of the Incarnation. For them, the moment was a personal one marking the culmination of a long journey.

Newly ordained Father Daniel Reehil spent 12 years preparing to become a priest. He woke up in tears Saturday morning, grateful that his goal was so close to fruition.

"I just feel like God is hugging my soul," Reehil said. "It's a great day for Nashville and the church."

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/2014/07/26/nashville-adds-priests-historic-catholic-ceremony/13224375/

veritasluxmea

When I first read it, I thought it was the Nashville Dominican Sisters adding nine priests...  :rolleyes: It's time to get off the internet.