An Old School Catholic Message Board

Postulant List Help

ToJesusMyHeart

OnlySunshine

The mock shirts I bought from Haband are on back-order and wouldn't arrive in time for my entrance so I needed to pay for expedited shipping. Bummer, but gotta do what I gotta do. Just as a warning to anyone else out there who needs those shirts, I would suggest another company unless you're not in a hurry.

Why is everything on back order?  Not very helpful when you're entering in less than a month.  :nono:

ToJesusMyHeart

Yeah i dunno why it's all out of stock. But the customer service people were really difficult to deal with so that didn't help my mood. Oh well, if it doesn't arrive in time the sisters said I can use some hand-me-downs until my shirts come in.

I am excited about the shoes though. :)

OnlySunshine

Yeah i dunno why it's all out of stock. But the customer service people were really difficult to deal with so that didn't help my mood. Oh well, if it doesn't arrive in time the sisters said I can use some hand-me-downs until my shirts come in.

I am excited about the shoes though. :)

At least something is working out!

I like those Haband ones, thanks a bunch!

Who knew entering the convent was so expensive?

What order are you entering?

Sorry sister MC! I didn't see your post question until now.. I will get the names of a few of the insurances that are offered here in Washington! Depending on one's income.. Monthly payments can start as low as 30 something.. And go up from there!

When my friend was preparing to be a postulant in the Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal, she had to work in order to save up $6,000 in order to purchase health insurance for formation. 

:eek:

When I was discerning with a Carmelite Monastery, I was asked to provide $2,000 to cover formation expenses (half of this was returnable if I left early), but they assured me that this wasn't a requirement for entrance since some applicants can't afford it.

ToJesusMyHeart

Sisters of Life t-minus 3 days. 

Flying to NYC on friday, my mom, dad, and two best friends are meeting me there.

The ceremony is on Saturday the 6th. 

Nervous!

Sisters of Life t-minus 3 days. 

Flying to NYC on friday, my mom, dad, and two best friends are meeting me there.

The ceremony is on Saturday the 6th. 

Nervous!

Praying for you and for you vocation.I hope that all will be smooth.I wish you all the luck.