An Old School Catholic Message Board

Legionairs Of Christ

IrishG8s

There has been this guy posting on my blog, telling me not to think about the Legonairs, and my spiritual director is a legionaire, he told me to read stories about people who were legoinares, and how they ruined their life.

Read his comment on my blog at, [url="http://catholicbandgeek.blogspot.com"]http://catholicbandgeek.blogspot.com[/url]

Check out the post, Legoinaires, and his comment.

Choosing an order because it is orthodox and faithful to the magisterium is just step one. If you think God is calling you to be a priest in an Order, what is it that attracts you about that Order, what about their spirituality, etc.
The LC's are great but you've got to look more deeply into their way of life, etc. Just because they are objectively "good" doesn't mean they are for you.
Ever think of the Dominican's? The province of St. Joseph is great! In fact, in the whole world, the OP's are growing the fastest in the USA!

my question to you is, do you know that is where God is calling you?

At this point in my life that is always a hard question to answer. The reason it is a good one to ask is if you really feel the movement of the SPirit in that direction then it is your calling for now.

Religious orders are awesome and very varried.

I don't know a whole lot about the legionaires. I get a weekly vocations email from them though and i like that. If that helps you any. I would look for a more contemplative order so i am not overly impressed by it though.

• 3 months later...
~*AnCoRa33*~

Your Kingdom Come!

The Legionarries are an amazing congregation of priests, faithful to the core to the Holy Father with an amazing spirituality and formation of the whole human person Yes, they do have a longer formation but that is because they have 2 years of apostolate (I believe...) which many other congregations do not have. However, I would love to understand more about your comment about putting pressures on young men to join. I need to go.
Irish-I am praying for you and your discernment. God Bless!!

If I was ever to become a relgiious priest, I'd be a priest for the Legion. They are authentic!

Smile_Jesus_loves_you

Coming from a Regnum Christi point of view. (Founded by the same Priest, Fr. Maciel) Definatly GOOD, though there are many Rumors floating about all of which disproved by the church. Read "Christ is my life." and "the Legionares of christ: A history" for good insight on this amazing work of God.

• 4 months later...
christusrexnoster

I was in the Legion, it wasn't my vocation, but the Legion of Christ is awsome. If God were calling me to be a priest I'd love to have the vocation to be one of his soldiers in the Legion which is so faithful to the Church and the Pope!

MC IMaGiNaZUN

Good or bad.

If i was to say in general, the LC is a good order. I was never interested, because i felt called to ministries that they don't do. So it might also be good to ask in what ways you want to serve the Lord. or to look at what kind of work they do. But if you were just asking about as far as them being good, as in being a generally a good order to check out, then yeah.

SHALOM