An Old School Catholic Message Board

Offering up your waiting time

TheresaThoma

TheresaThoma

I know many of us on here are waiting in different stages of discernment and application due to many different reasons. I'm currently in that same boat. I told the Sisters that I would like to enter but it would be over a year before I could potentially enter. So I haven't started the application process yet and the Sisters can't give me an answer since it will be such a long time. I was praying over this and realizing that I could really make use of this time, not only for myself to prepare but for others. I can offer this time up as a sacrifice for a particular intention. Personally I will be offering it up for those struggling to conceive a child and those in the adoption process (and for the birth mothers). 

I think it would be wonderful if you are in that "holding pattern" to choose a specific intention and offer up this time for that intention. Maybe it isn't as long as a year, but the few weeks before your next visit to the community, waiting to hear on the acceptance of your application etc. 

Spem in alium

I am currently experiencing waiting in my formation. It is difficult. I will pray particularly for people who are struggling to make significant life decisions, particularly in relation to vocations. 

P.S. This is a beautiful idea, TT. Thank you.

Edited by Spem in alium

It is very good and very noble idea.The whole meaning of Vocation is to give others and to accept God's grace for your self and for your future order.

Thank you that you share this beautiful idea with us.

How lovely! I'm in that position too and this is definitely something I'll think about next time I want time to 'hurry up, hurry up'!