An Old School Catholic Message Board

Monastics and Finances

marigold

Me and a couple of friends who are monastics are all struggling with finances and coming to a point in our lives when something needs to change. We really need prayers!

1. My monk friend was involved in a house fire. He lived alone in a poor neighbourhood, doesn't know how much can be salvaged, doesn't have insurance, has no income and has bills piling up that he can't pay. Please pray for the person with mental health problems who started the fire, as well.

2. My nun friend is in a difficult situation caring for an elderly priest and needs to make some decisions about her future. She too is struggling financially and may need to sell or buy properties, all without much daily support.

3. I am struggling to make ends meet, due to not having enough shifts at my new job. Our lease is up at the end of August and I hope to be able to stay long-term at some monasteries after that. But at this rate it's doubtful that I will be able to cover rent, let alone pay back the ~800 pounds I owe my family from when I wasn't working.

It's hard not to be obsessed by money and legal things, but we are trying! We all desperately need and appreciate prayers!

Thank you!