An Old School Catholic Message Board

Help

marigold

I actually meant at the end of the first paragraph ("there was some kind of barrier between the interviewer and me"). I learnt that rule too, Gabriela, and decided on 'me' based on that. But I couldn't tell which sounded righter.

"between the interviewer and I." —Yeah, sounds weird, so it's wrong. :)

Also: "which sounded righter." —"more correct"!

"between the interviewer and I." —Yeah, sounds weird, so it's wrong. :)

Also: "which sounded righter." —"more correct"!

Haha, I was even going to put 'more righter' as a joke, but I forget that none of you have ever had a 'voice' conversation with me and can't necessarily read the silliness off just plain type. But talking about grammar makes me happy :)

HopefulHeart

Yay, I like grammar discussions! Fun fact: I may take a class on Modern English Grammar this fall simply because I think it sounds enjoyable and useful.

Anyway, I will pray for you, marigold. :)

Things can change a lot in a week.

When I was at my wits' end, my confessor, who is at my home parish and had been on the receiving end of my complaining, sent round an email telling people to help me. If they didn't, they would be disrespecting all the monastic saints! :smile3: And Lord have mercy, it seems to have worked. I'm now able to pay off all my rent to the end of the lease, and am literally just under two hundred pounds short of all the debt.

(@Hislittlelamb, you have no doubt noticed that lots of us are going through the same things you are! :heart: )

So, while I still have to find that last 200, plus whatever I'm going to need for travel, there is a MASSIVE weight off my shoulders in knowing that rent is covered and my personal debts are 'in progress', rather than stuck with no light at the end of the tunnel.

Desperate times call for desperate measures... and bring out results that normal circumstances can't. I credit a lot of this to everyone's prayers.

Thank you :nun2:

:o)Katherine:o)

Wow! So incredible Marigold! Prayers of thanksgiving! 

I'm so happy for you! I know that you will sleep well tonight! :dance:

Phew! Just finished writing thank-yous to everyone who sent me money, and celebrating with a cupcake and some good acoustic punk. It hasn't really sunk in yet. This whole year has been so utterly broke - and 'all' I had to do was reach the point of desperation at which I would ask for help from the people who were right there the whole time. Some of them are golden oldies I've known for years, others are new names, people who have moved in and made that parish their own since I've been gone. They don't know me from Adam, but on my confessor's word they wholeheartedly support my life plans, and trust me with their prayer intentions. Slowly this whole 'thing', whatever it is, is changing from something that I think that I need and want to do, into something that I have the privilege to do for the benefit of others... It's not about me, when they ask me to pray for them. That's super scary and daunting. But it makes me want to work even harder to get them what they asked me for.

Phew! Just finished writing thank-yous to everyone who sent me money, and celebrating with a cupcake and some good acoustic punk. It hasn't really sunk in yet. This whole year has been so utterly broke - and 'all' I had to do was reach the point of desperation at which I would ask for help from the people who were right there the whole time. Some of them are golden oldies I've known for years, others are new names, people who have moved in and made that parish their own since I've been gone. They don't know me from Adam, but on my confessor's word they wholeheartedly support my life plans, and trust me with their prayer intentions. Slowly this whole 'thing', whatever it is, is changing from something that I think that I need and want to do, into something that I have the privilege to do for the benefit of others... It's not about me, when they ask me to pray for them. That's super scary and daunting. But it makes me want to work even harder to get them what they asked me for.

To very roughly paraphrase St Teresa of Avila, we are where God wants us to be :) . 

I will pray for you.

To very roughly paraphrase St Teresa of Avila, we are where God wants us to be :) . 

I will pray for you.

Thank you! :)

Hi Marigold:) I've just discovered your recent thread and want to give you a hug:)

(For the last few months I've been working at a catholic institution and I hope very much for a permanent engagement. It's absolutely likely that they give me a job. BUT somehow I'm almost freaked out that they might not. I love the place so much, and there's a really good priest who actually might help me to get out of all the mess inside me... Now I see that other people have REAL problems, bigger than mine.)

Hi Marigold:) I've just discovered your recent thread and want to give you a hug:)

(For the last few months I've been working at a catholic institution and I hope very much for a permanent engagement. It's absolutely likely that they give me a job. BUT somehow I'm almost freaked out that they might not. I love the place so much, and there's a really good priest who actually might help me to get out of all the mess inside me... Now I see that other people have REAL problems, bigger than mine.)

Thank you! Hugs back! I hope you do get the permanent engagement, if that is what you want. I will pray for you tonight :)

:o)Katherine:o)

Marigold, you have been on my mind lately! Just wanted to check in to see how things were going. I know that things have been a whirlwind of excitement! :frantics:

You are still in my prayers!!!!