An Old School Catholic Message Board

When guys come along..

MarysLittleFlower

oh yes makes total sense, sorry about that! :) (and to everyone else too). Its all due to typing all my phone :) so i just type and type... Lol. I'll do that though.

And a few more commas, too. ;)

NadaTeTurbe

Mary, have you read anything by Saint François de Sales ? I think it might help you to deal with scrupule. Begin with the Introduction to the Devout life, and then with the book about the love of God (can't find the title in english). 

AgnesHolyInnocents

J.M.+J.T.

Now, all this fear you are having. So much of this is directed at you. A very probable possibility of what could be happening is that the devil is stirring up all this fear and worry/concerns to make you look at yourself in a way that God does not desire for us to look at ourselves. These fears distract you and give you needless anxiety, do they not? I urge you to renounce these fears and to offer your whole trust to Jesus, echoing what beatitude said: say frequently to Jesus: Jesus, I trust in you. After all, when Jesus was named, Satan was disarmed.

I had a lot of fear of the devil too and lots of "Am I making up a calling to religious life? Is this my will or His will?" What I can say here is just IGNORE those thoughts and just talk to Jesus about how much you love Him and pray to the Holy Spirit to help you follow the Will of God. This should relieve you of any unsure judgement you may have about whether or not you are following God's will.  Also pray the Saint Michael prayer frequently, as he will help defend you from those pesky demons the devil often attacks us with. Anytime you feel unsound pray, Jesus I trust in you and the Saint Michael prayer. Those may very well help you ignore the evil one, who so wants to lure us away from Our Beloved.

What great advice! I wonder who of us has not been in such a situation at one time or another? I am melancholic too. I find that when I am stuck in my head, going round and round a worry, I need to get outside into nature, to look at God's beautiful creation, listen to the birds singing, feel the sun on my face, take a walk, or my favorite, make a visit to Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament.  :nun1:   

I ask God that His perfect will be done in me and through me, and trust that even if I don't know His will, that He will accomplish it.  He knows me. I'm a work in progress at best;)A friend had the most consoling words for me one day. She said God knows I'm a screw up and so not to worry! It was the most relieving thing I had ever been told. Not only did I agree with her and laugh with her, but it made me realize how little I am and how big God is. 

One other little thing I found that works for me when I feel like the devil is stirring up worries is to make it an offering. I tell Jesus that if this trial, these worries which burden me are of God's will, then I gladly carry them and offer them up as a suffering for _____(my priest) but if they are not from Him to take them away. 

AgnesHolyInnocents

Oh, also what you said MLF resonated with me. I too have read something which made my path more confusing than helpful. Your SD should be a great help in that area.

I haven't read all the posts in this thread, because after page 1 I felt like I'd gotten the point.

@MarysLittleFlower: I think it's beautiful and sweet that you feel your heart belongs to Jesus alone. Ignore all these phools and guard your heart for Him. Go visit communities and see what He sends you. If it doesn't work, there'll be time to figure out the rest later.

BUT I have noticed that you tend to overthink things. Stop that. Just follow your heart and let Jesus do the rest.

I will say that, of the sisters I interviewed, quite a few mentioned that, once they knew which house they'd be entering, men started coming out of the woodwork. Really attractive men. The devil sends them. Men entering seminary say the same thing (only about amazing women, obviously). Be prepared for that. Don't let it stop you. Just smile and tell the devil he's an idiot and you're not falling for his stoopid tricks.

@EveryoneElseInThisThread: MLF overthinks things, and y'all are feeding that with all your (obviously well-intentioned) practical advice. Recognize that MLF is not a practical woman. She's in love with God, head over heels. Let her be that. If anything will guarantee success in religious life, it's that.

Edited by Gabriela

MarysLittleFlower

Lol Gabriela well you made me laugh :) I do appreciate all the advice in this thread. But its true I'm not practical at all. That's why I'm so stubborn too with not dating. God bless you!

Edited by MarysLittleFlower