An Old School Catholic Message Board

Quotes by Saint Gemma

Swami Mommy

St. Gemma amazes me, she accomplished so much in her prayers, she strove and achieved her goal. Which is Christ.

I admire St. Gemma .  I find myself where I am at in life to be at a stage of pondering, and contemplating through out the day on Christ.

Knowing I need a better relationship with Christ, not really sure how to get there yet, unsure of a lot at the moment, an here St. Gemma it all seems to have been so natural for her.  I could not imagine how Christ suffered on the cross, and St. Gemma seems to have been able to hear about it , absorb it, imagine , and feel such sufferings in one swoop to bringing her to literal sickness over it....

An in my life time I will probably not come close to what she achieved.

MarysLittleFlower

St. Gemma amazes me, she accomplished so much in her prayers, she strove and achieved her goal. Which is Christ.

I admire St. Gemma .  I find myself where I am at in life to be at a stage of pondering, and contemplating through out the day on Christ.

Knowing I need a better relationship with Christ, not really sure how to get there yet, unsure of a lot at the moment, an here St. Gemma it all seems to have been so natural for her.  I could not imagine how Christ suffered on the cross, and St. Gemma seems to have been able to hear about it , absorb it, imagine , and feel such sufferings in one swoop to bringing her to literal sickness over it....

An in my life time I will probably not come close to what she achieved.

mental prayer can really help with that I think? There's a book called Ways of Mental Prayer that is very good and available in public domain online. I think St Gemma just thought about loving Christ :) that was her one thing she made her goal.