An Old School Catholic Message Board

We've Gone Public!

Spem in alium

Spem in alium

Thank you all so much. I actually had a strong feeling that I would hear some news on the Feast of the Presentation...which is exactly two years since I began the journey with my sisters as an aspirant. Unbelievable. 

@NadaTeTurbe, thank you! Please do say a prayer for me. I quite like the story of Our Lady of Lourdes and have a close connection with the place. 

On ‎2‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 6:24 PM, Spem in alium said:

Dear friends, I have just been informed that I will formally be accepted for the next stage of my formation on the Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes, Feb 11. God's grace is overflowing in my life. Please pray for my sisters, my family and for me.

Great news!  Congratulations and well done! Prayer as requested.

Wonderful! I love Our Lady of Lourdes, and I will make sure to get to Mass on that day so I can offer thanksgiving for you, even if I have to sneak out of work ninja-style. Congratulations and all my prayers. :love:

Spem in alium

Thank you both! Still doesn't feel real that in one week I will be there. My heart is so full of joy.

This afternoon I met my oldest friend. When I got home after 4 hours my mum asked me what we ate. I said nothing - we just sat in a park and talked for four hours. My friend is a devout Muslim, and we spent a lot of time talking about faith, politics, society. One of the best experiences of my time at home.

Spem in alium

I'm now back home with my sisters. It was hard saying goodbye to my family, but wonderful to be back with my sisters. One sister joked that now that I am back she will have her toast...as I make it for her every morning :) 

I started a new formation course last night. We have about 30 candidates and the vibe was very warm and friendly. Next week my formator and I will go for a three-day orientation session as part of the official novitiate program run for congregations which have a small number of novices. It's all moving quickly and I hope I can just use this week to be still and find God in the excitement and anticipation. 

I have been following this thread and cheering you on all the way. Delighted your congregation is moving you forward. Prayers galore!

Spem in alium
On Tuesday, February 07, 2017 at 8:41 AM, Francis Clare said:

Spem,  I haven't had a chance to say how excited I am for you.   You are blessed!!! And you go girl :))

Thank you, friend! I am so blessed! Prayers and thoughts coming your way.

On Tuesday, February 07, 2017 at 9:56 PM, deusluxmea said:

I have been following this thread and cheering you on all the way. Delighted your congregation is moving you forward. Prayers galore!

Thank you so much! I am thrilled too. When the news was announced in our provincial circular letter my superior wrote that the decision was made after "a long discerment process"...which made me chuckle! Only when I read that did I think: yes, it was kind of long! With God journeying beside me it didn't seem very long at all. :love:

Sister Leticia

As it's almost the 11th, and you might be having some quiet time before becoming a novice... this is just to assure you of prayers, that this new adventure with God may contain many blessings, increasing clarity and much growth, along with all the challenges and joys which await.

(And don't forget Edith Stein will be keeping an eye on your parents)

Spem in alium

Thank you, all.

Two hours until we begin our prayer service. I have had my veil fitted, read over the order of prayer, ironed many tablecloths and set up our chapel and meeting room.

Now it is time to gather my thoughts and my heart. I am happy, excited and wonderfully nervous! Above all I feel so blessed that God has called me to this place which is my spiritual home, and to the women who surround me with love and joy. It won't be smooth sailing always, but I know that Jesus, who led me to this place where I was once a stranger, will continue to lead me if only I follow.

I may have access (though limited) to phatmass. Please keep me in your prayers and know how privileged I feel to have had you walk with me on this tremendous journey. I know we will continue to walk together even if we aren't connected here. You have my love and prayers. God be with you all.

The privilege has been ours...we have been blessed through your generosity,  honesty and warm spirit.  Know that that you remain in our hearts, thoughts and prayers.

Spem in alium

Thank you, all! A truly beautiful celebration -- everything just feels absolutely right and I feel so loved by God. I'm quite amused to know that my initials are now "SMS" - "Sr Mary S---" (though we don't generally use the "Mary" when referring to our sisters). My main prayer is that I can make my life a reflection of His great love for me.