An Old School Catholic Message Board

Church Not Taking Devil Seriously, Exorcist Warns

Bruce S

EcceNovaFacioOmni

JPII doesn't believe in Satan? Give me a break. The same Fr. Armoth we are talking about here told the Pope that he knew of Bishops who didn't believe the devil existed. He replied that not believing in Satan was to be ignorant of the Gospel.

John Paul II definitely believes in hell and Satan. He's no Honorius. His problem isn't so much his theological orthodoxy, but rather his excessive tolerance of heterodoxy in his subordinates.

Mary's Knight, La

i dont know if the problem is that too many catholics don't believe in Hell or dont want to seem ignorant or offensive but I could do with some old fashioned fire and brimstone in homilies. it's very easy to keep your mind on eternity when you hear about it quite energetically once a week

Archbishop 10-K

^
^
^
^
^

In reply to Mary's Knight,

YES. AMEN. I think that, for one, we need to have more Fr Corapi's.

[quote name='the lumberjack' date='Jun 16 2004, 01:09 PM'] AMEN!!!

I'm not here to be popular... and by "here" I mean earth.

I'm here to proclaim Christ to every person I meet...to learn, to love, to live... for Christ.

and as I said, I'll MORE than willingly be a martyr for Christ. :D [/quote]
Yeah everything for Christ and... Bashing the Catholic Church.. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

MartinLuther

QUOTE (ironmonk @ Jun 16 2004, 02:50 PM)
As a Catholic; if you're in england, you can't run for office

No thats not true. Catholics cannot become King or Queen of England, but they can stand for Parliament. It might have been true 200 or 300 years ago, but not now. Its amazing how little you Americans know about the rest of the world. And you elect the man whose decisions shape the world.

The previous leader of the Opposition Conservative Party is a Catholic. Several recent Secretaries of State for Northern Ireland - a cabinet position that is held by a member of Parliament - have been Catholic (much to Ian Paisley's regret).

[quote name='Paladin D' date='Jun 17 2004, 03:57 AM'] The problem with Christianity in general is that we're pushing the teachings of Hell, Satan, and demons into a dark corner. [/quote]
I guess people are scared to over do the satan/devil/sin thing.