An Old School Catholic Message Board

The long wait

vee

and Im still waiting! :P

i write to please ask for prayers for myself to continue to know and do God's will.  If He is calling me to religious life He is certainly making me wait for what seems to me a very long time!  Ive finally found a doctor who is accepting new patients, no easy feat where I live, and have set an appointment with her for the end of November for the medical portion of my application.  Please pray she is a good doc and that that goes well!

Edited by vee
typo

Praying for you. Also ask for St Edith Stein's intercession. She had to wait 11 years to enter!

Yes she is probably one of the most recognizable people with quite the wait time!  Even though Im at about half her time I can relate to her with  that as well as the fact that she was a modern working woman.  She knew what it was to get up and go to work, to have bosses and coworkers, to earn a living for one's self.  As much as I love many other saints I cant relate to them in that aspect because they didnt do those things!

I also like what you said in some other thread about offering up the waiting time and Ive certainly been doing that.

dominicansoul

Why would you ask St. Edith Stein?  She'll probably make you wait 12 years! Ask St. Teresa of the Andes...she entered right after finishing school...wasn't she like..just a teenager?  ...oh wait....then she died 9 months later!  

:/  St. John of the Cross?  Nope, he got beat up and kidnapped by the renegade carmelite friars...

St. Teresa of Avila?  Yeah, if you want to travel all over your frozen tundra founding communities left and right with nobody wanting you around!

The Martyrs of Compiegne?  Um...maybe not...

that leaves ....one other....saint.....

the OTHER Teresa!!!!! :o:o :o 

then i would have to die from tuberculosis :|

The medical form asks three times about having tuberculosis!  I guess they really want to make sure I have it so I can die a holy death!

So your eventual name in religion will be Sr. Mary Tuberculotions of the Interminable Wait? 

:lol4:

Ill submit that to the superior!

Many prayers for you Vee as you continue your discernment. I hope that all goes well with your Doctor's appointment. 

Thank you.  I think my health is fine so thats not too much of a concern, please pray more for the doc who has to fill it out! 

Thank you.  I think my health is fine so thats not too much of a concern, please pray more for the doc who has to fill it out! 

I'll  certainly do that Vee !!

Edited by Jennifer

Why would you ask St. Edith Stein?  She'll probably make you wait 12 years! Ask St. Teresa of the Andes...she entered right after finishing school...wasn't she like..just a teenager?  ...oh wait....then she died 9 months later!  

:/  St. John of the Cross?  Nope, he got beat up and kidnapped by the renegade carmelite friars...

St. Teresa of Avila?  Yeah, if you want to travel all over your frozen tundra founding communities left and right with nobody wanting you around!

The Martyrs of Compiegne?  Um...maybe not...

that leaves ....one other....saint.....

the OTHER Teresa!!!!! :o:o :o 

How about Saint Nuno of Saint Mary!?

Mary Catherine

Dear Vee, I really admire your courage. Myself have been waiting for a congregation for 3 years. As compared with St. Edith Stein, it's really a short time.

I also heard that Blessed Maria Virgo, the first Superior General of Holy Spirit Missionary Sisters, waited for 7 years for the new congregation to start by St. Jassen Arnold. She began to work for SVD at her age of 30, and entered the new congregation 7 years later.

I have heard that, if you really like a congregation, God will help you and open a way for you.

So, don't be discouraged at any rate, God must have the best plan for you. Just pray well for your health and vocation, and be assured of my prayers for you as well, my dear sister in Christ. :pray:

Indwelling Trinity

Dear Vee:

Don't get discouraged.  It is very apparent what God is doing in you.  He is honing your soul into that two edged sword  so you may become a fitting instrument in his hands that you may be able to withstand  faithfully the difficulties that lie in the times  ahead. 

See how much you have grown and  endured these past four years. Sit quietly and reflect how much your soul has grown.  Had you entered  Carmel back then, you would probably not have made it, for your faith was new and had not yet been tried  in the fire of his love. 

All of these years he has been consistently emptying you  so as to create a special sacred place in your soul where you abide  with Jesus offering yourself with him  to the Father for the ransom of many. . 

Nada, Nadal, Nadal ... When I first felt the call to Carmel, I frantically searched for the road that would lead my to Carmel only to find out that the holy  road to Carmel was right beneath my feet and  all I had to do is look within.

I have not put my habit on in almost 2 years.  Yes I do miss it,  as well as living at the hermitage and all that goes with monastic life.  But I can tell you this.... I am more a Carmelite hermit now  than I  ever  was.  In fact I am closer to a recluse.  

The wheelchair and my hospital bed once a bitter cross of all those  things I have loved doing and how much I have lost, now has become a trysting place  where I spend many hours alone with God in in a spirit of  silent adoration,  reparation for my sins and those of others like myself  begging  God's  mercy on a world on the brink of destruction as good and evil face off that only prayer, penance, and trusting in in God's infinite mercy and Our Lady  can overcome. 

You are on the right road Vee stay your course and no matter where God  may lead  remember in his infinite love he will guard your every step.  

I am amazed at what grace has done in you. 

In our Mother of  Carmel, 

It  :)