An Old School Catholic Message Board

The long wait

vee

All the Carmelites are leaving now. Does this mean it is time for the Benedictines to take back over? (I'm not a Benedicitine but there seems to be a pattern developing here....)

7 hours ago, dominicansoul said:

No no, the Stylites..!!!!!

I know what "Stylites" are, but it sure does sound like a pop group [from the 70s, btw :smokey:]

AveMariaPurissima
On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2016‎ ‎11‎:‎02‎:‎10‎, veritasluxmea said:

No, it's the Dominican's turn :P 

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2016‎ ‎11‎:‎54‎:‎33‎, TheresaThoma said:

Or the Dominicans... 

I vote Dominicans!! :saint2: :nun:

I wrote to the superior today explaining my thoughts and where Im at with telling, or rather not telling, my family.  Im kind of hoping perhaps she has some insight, tidbit, or something on whether I should continue with my idea of waiting til I get an official yes, or change plans and tell them sooner.  If they do let me in they will have to deal with my family and its only fair to them to know what stage of shock my family could be in.  At the same time she can give me her two cents if it seems Im being unfair in not telling my family, and at the very least they can pray for the situation! 

now back to the next order discussion!

dominicansoul

tell them after youve crossed the threshold into the alternate universe known as "carmel."  send your sister a white tulip in the mail...i doubt she will remember you, seeing youll be erased from her timeline...

Im sure the sisters will have advise for you! I remember speaking to a poor clare abbess about this, and she told me that parents were NEVER happy that there daughter wanted to enter an enclosed community, but they ALWAYS came around. Always. even the parents who didn't believe at all, or who were 100% against.