An Old School Catholic Message Board

The long wait

vee

Im going for supper tonight with an aunt that I see every once in a while.  Part of me has to laugh because the next time we see each other after tonight I may have some very surprising news for her.  She was raised Catholic but stopped going to church and jsut recently told me why.  She was in need of help years ago and a priest and a Sister were very cold and unhelpful to her while a Protestant neighbor was not.  That's the short version of the story and hearing it  reminded me that if I go to the convent Im going to be the best dang nun I can be!!!  Far too many people have stories like my aunt's, or worse, and it is really a disgrace!  I want people to be able to say "not her, she's a good one!" 

On 3/5/2016, 11:39:07, TheresaThoma said:

That is a great goal!

by the grace of God!

In the next handful of weeks I should be in a position where they can actually vote on me.  Coincidentally I realized I have enough frequent flier miles to go visit the bff AND, there is a retreat going on that we will be able to attend during my visit too! :dance: Hopefully by the time I visit her I will have an answer either way because the trip is planned for a couple months from now. :havebeer: 

Spem in alium
9 minutes ago, vee said:

by the grace of God!

In the next handful of weeks I should be in a position where they can actually vote on me.  Coincidentally I realized I have enough frequent flier miles to go visit the bff AND, there is a retreat going on that we will be able to attend during my visit too! :dance: Hopefully by the time I visit her I will have an answer either way because the trip is planned for a couple months from now. :havebeer: 

Wow that is so great!!! Continued prayers for you. :) 

dominicansoul
1 hour ago, vee said:

by the grace of God!

We are gonna have a blast!!! :woot:

dominicansoul
2 hours ago, TheresaThoma said:

Alert the authorities......

I better alert the DSMME, they are the ones running the retreat we are going to...

ITS GONNA BE A BLAST! :woot:

IgnatiusofLoyola
8 hours ago, dominicansoul said:

I better alert the DSMME, they are the ones running the retreat we are going to...

ITS GONNA BE A BLAST! :woot:

amesome! Let the DSMMEs do the work of finally making Vee realize she is truly a Dominican!

Then you can push Vee through the turn of a Dominican convent. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2016, 9:07:57, IgnatiusofLoyola said:

amesome! Let the DSMMEs do the work of finally making Vee realize she is truly a Dominican!

Then you can push Vee through the turn of a Dominican convent. 

:| and :|

:|

Id like to ask anyone reading this for a quick prayer for my family, in particular for me, my sister, and one of my brothers.  its nothing to do with any sort of possible vocation but rather things we are currently dealing with.    Im the one helping my bro out as he goes through some things and my sister is worried about the health of one of her kids, so pray for my nephew too!  Please and thank you!

• 1 month later...

Still waiting!

In the meantime Ive decided to do some spring cleaning and was going through old emails.  I found my first conversations with the community im interested in and its funny how they are almost meant for me to read now after all this time.  For example she repeatedly tells me to have courage this being one example Im putting here for my own reminder. " Dear vee,  May God grant you the beautiful vocation of someday being His spouse.  ... Please keep praying for your vocation and then let nothing change your mind.  Courage."  Considering all Ive been through between then and now that was really something to read

7 hours ago, dominicansoul said:

wow, those two months went by fast....

our week of havoc is just around the corner!!!

:woot:

:w00t: