An Old School Catholic Message Board

The long wait

vee

2.5 days til the fun...er havoc begins! :woot: 

I was hoping to avoid telling extended family members until I had an entrance date, but as life goes I ended up telling one aunt in particular today.  She seemed shocked yet supportive and unlike my siblings actually asked some further questions.  Things like what do they do and how did I come to this decision.  I gave her short answers such as their main sources of income and type of labor.  For my decision I spoke of how this is something I feel I have to try and there is no commitment for a while.  Im the only practicing Catholic in my family so they are very unfamiliar with anything to do with religious life, let alone Carmelite life ie they have no clue about the grilles!  I want them to learn by being there because if I say too much before hand they might get some strange ideas.  I pray that they will sit in the chapel and feel God's love and peace.  That they will feel at home, never want to leave, come back to the faith and move next door! :P

BarbTherese

Prayer for your intentions

5 hours ago, vee said:

I pray that they will sit in the chapel and feel God's love and peace.  That they will feel at home, never want to leave, come back to the faith and move next door! :P

• 2 weeks later...
dominicansoul

The retreat was amesome!!!  Now me and Vee are creating havoc all over Texas lol :woot:

1 hour ago, dominicansoul said:

Now me and Vee are creating havoc all over Texas lol :woot:

The only news in this is your current location...

dominicansoul

Well, vacation is over and Vee is gone...

You can define our vacation as "Holy Hours and Happy Hours."

One of the best vacations ever!!!!!

I remember when I first discovered that cloistered contemplative life still existed and my first thoughts and encounters with that  Thoughts along the lines of "people still do that?!?!" and "what is wrong with them!"   A conversation with a family member today showed me that Id started to take as familiar something that is very unfamiliar to most people, even me at one time.  I was offering the most basic and simple of explanations of things to this person but I could see her trying to process it.  Instead of having harsh reactions to my possibility of entering,  my family doesnt even know what kind of life it is!  if I do go I think they will learn rather quickly just by visiting, and I bought a video on that life to show them too if they need it. 

4 minutes ago, dominicansoul said:

you should buy them "Carmelites for Dummies."

:lol3: 

that doesnt exist so we have to write it

first question

What is a Carmelite?

There has been some movement in my situation and it appears that by the end of this week the Sisters should be able to vote! :o  It will be such a relief to hear an official conclusion to my application!

veritasluxmea
17 hours ago, vee said:

There has been some movement in my situation and it appears that by the end of this week the Sisters should be able to vote! :o  It will be such a relief to hear an official conclusion to my application!

Congratulations vee! Keep us updated, I'll definitely be checking back :) 

No verdict yet :/  I almost had a heart attack though when I got an email from them today wishing me a happy feast day.  I saw the notification and though "is this it?"  It wasnt :/