An Old School Catholic Message Board

The long wait

vee

8 minutes ago, TheresaThoma said:

:cheers2:

(I also make a pretty decent Brandy Old Fashioned too)

Always handy if someone donates a bottle of Brandy to your community :like:

I got the call this morning, they voted yes, Ive been officially accepted into the postulancy and can enter July 16th God willing :shocking:

Edited by vee
Dominicans

CONGRATULATIONS, Sister Mary Tuberculotions of the Interminable Wait!

And that means you have only about six weeks to prepare for entrance. Which won't be all that long, compared to how long you've waited to get to this point, if that makes sense. 

Go in peace to love and serve the Lord. 

Dominicans. I heartily approve!

Edited by Luigi

dominicansoul

I couldn't be more happier right now and proud of you Vee!

We've been BFFs now for what...6 years???  Seems like forever.  I always knew the journey would lead here.  Now I will get to become BFFs with a whole household of Carmelites!  

Go with Christ!

And I'll see you in  a few weeks!  :woot:

So Ive got five weeks basically to get my act together!  Yes the 16th is six weeks away but the week prior to that I want to do a little vacation sightseeing trip with whichever family members and ds want to come along.  The hardest part is just getting rid of my stuff, my apartment, and making sure I have what I need.  I faced the inquisition from my sister this morning.  She says she can understand the life just not me in it!  She thinks Ill be the first person they ever kick out I said ya maybe! :P

I really appreciate the prayers Im sure they help a lot for both me and my family.  They have been more supportive than i expected.

BarbTherese

How wonderful for you at last, Vee!  Congratulations and may The Holy Spirit be your strength, guide and inspiration every step of the journey!:nun2: