An Old School Catholic Message Board

The long wait

vee

yes I need the Holy Spirit very much for those things especially right now!!  Im glad this part is quick because Im feeling the pain of detachment from things as I start to get rid of stuff, and hardest of all how I will interact with my family and bff.  I love them and Im gong to miss them and miss being a part of things with them.  This really is impossible and stupid if there was no God, it wasnt for Him, and people didnt have His help. 

dominicansoul
2 minutes ago, vee said:

yes I need the Holy Spirit very much for those things especially right now!!  Im glad this part is quick because Im feeling the pain of detachment from things as I start to get rid of stuff, and hardest of all how I will interact with my family and bff.  I love them and Im gong to miss them and miss being a part of things with them.  This really is impossible and stupid if there was no God, it wasnt for Him, and people didnt have His help. 

you sound like my old Mother Superior who used to tell us, if it wasn't for Jesus we women would all be crazy leaving our lives to live together in a community lol

I hate leaving things til the last minute so Ive already given my notice at work, and to my landlord.  Two weeks for my job and two months for my condo.  Ive gone through my finances to make sure thats all in order.  Please pray my room mate can find another good place to live ASAP.  The housing market here is pretty tight  so I would really appreciate any prayers for that!  Thanks!

Well this is interesting.  Before entering Id been hoping to have a little vacation, do a little sightseeing and just relax and have fun with whichever family and ds could come along.  It turns out itll jsut be DS!!!  Its rather appropriate though because she's been with me on this journey this whole time and we have had many adventures together.  She isnt genetically related to me but is just as much sister and in some ways even more so than my biological sister because we have spiritual things in common like our faith.  This is gonna be the best trip ever, time to plan in detail our havoc wreaking!

:woot::w00t:

BTW the nuns have been warned.  I even mentioned DS' promise to stuff me in the turn if I suddenly get cold feet and the prioress laughed and said "good for her!" :|<_< 

:o)Katherine:o)

Vee...I logged in thinking of you! So excited and happy for you! My prayers are with you as you prepare for entrance! :nun2:

dominicansoul
8 hours ago, vee said:

Well this is interesting.  Before entering Id been hoping to have a little vacation, do a little sightseeing and just relax and have fun with whichever family and ds could come along.  It turns out itll jsut be DS!!!  Its rather appropriate though because she's been with me on this journey this whole time and we have had many adventures together.  She isnt genetically related to me but is just as much sister and in some ways even more so than my biological sister because we have spiritual things in common like our faith.  This is gonna be the best trip ever, time to plan in detail our havoc wreaking!

:woot::w00t:

:w00t:

It just seems so right that it winds up being this way!  I'm so excited!  

7 hours ago, vee said:

BTW the nuns have been warned.  I even mentioned DS' promise to stuff me in the turn if I suddenly get cold feet and the prioress laughed and said "good for her!" :|<_< 

She's probably hoping to see this happen in real life... lol

I'm finding it very difficult to complete my last few shifts at work I'm doing it but I've been very tempted to just not show up.   At the same time one of my siblings is really upset at me although I'm not exactly sure why.  I've decided to offer up working my few remaining shifts for this person so hopefully they get some graces from that because  ai yi yi!!

Sister Leticia

You need to work your final shifts and work them with all your heart. I don't know what work you do, but whatever it is, if you don't show up your colleagues will have to pick up the slack. And if that happens, apart from not being nice for them, year later they'll remember you as "that girl who just disappeared [leaving us with extra work to do] and went off to join a convent..." Even if you haven't told them yourself about entering, they might hear it from someone else - and you might be the only person they know who is deeply religious and/or has entered religious life. And that's the impression they'll have of people who enter religious life.

Sister Leticia has raised some good points.  Also, working your final shifts with intent will give you closure...you'll feel good knowing you did your best until the end and can look forward to entering the monastery without regrets regarding work.  It was difficult for me to work my final four weeks before I retired, but I worked hard until 4 p.m. on my last day.  It took 90 minutes to clear out my office, and then I left knowing I'd done everything I could, ready to transition to the next part of my life. 

BarbTherese

Vee, I know it must be hard indeed humanly to have to finish your shifts out in the world in the workforce before entering and entering is where your whole heart is focused.  Nowhere have you stated you will actually take up what is only a temptation to you to not to finish your shifts and that is worth admiration for sure including that you share that temptation with us.  Good advice has already been given and on more practical types of levels perhaps - and who am I to speak!  However, rest assured that at this particular point in time, God's Will for you is to finish those shifts and justice and thoughtfulness, unselfishness, towards your employer and fellow employees.  When this last very trying part of your journey in the world is complete and as Pax17 pointed out, you will be able to enter knowing you have followed God's Will all the way to the full stop as it were and your whole life then transitions and God's Will for you with it - and that you have followed His Will even when it was terribly difficult to do so. 

My suspicion is you have already considered all the above!  Joining you in prayer for your intention re your sibling.  I will be looking forward hopefully to either hearing from you or about you as your journey in religious life unfolds.:) 

Thank you to those who responded, all with excellent points.  Points that are all much better reasons to stay the course and work the last few shifts than the poor excuses Id been thinking of to not go!  Working properly until the end will leave a good impression with coworkers, as well as family members.  I know by comments from my siblings that they are already expecting a certain standard from me.  It will also be nice to have that sense of pride and accomplishment that I did my job properly right til the end.