On Wednesday, June 01, 2016 at 10:17 PM, vee said:
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

Hide contents

I got the call this morning, they voted yes, Ive been officially accepted into the postulancy and can enter July 16th God willing :shocking:

Whoa soo amesome!!!! :nun2::clap::yahoo::dance::banana:(Love all the hidden contents here btw, so Carmelite!  :detective: :smile4:)

Seriously vee! whoa!! I'm so happy for you!! You've had to wait to reeaally long time, and I know how that is! man! lol  God reward you for persevering! Praised be Jesus Christ!

4 hours ago, Chiquitunga said:

Whoa soo amesome!!!! :nun2::clap::yahoo::dance::banana:(Love all the hidden contents here btw, so Carmelite!  :detective: :smile4:)

Seriously vee! whoa!! I'm so happy for you!! You've had to wait to reeaally long time, and I know how that is! man! lol  God reward you for persevering! Praised be Jesus Christ!

Thanks! :woot:

Ya the hidden contents is very Interior Castle-y, or something :hehe:  Its funny because you wait wait wait and deal with so much for years then BAM!  I had to make an appointment today for next week and when the lady on the phone said the time and date of Thursday June 16th on the inside i was like OHMYGOSH ITSAMONTHAWAY!!!!   

HopefulBride
On June 1, 2016 at 8:17 PM, vee said:
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

Hide contents

I got the call this morning, they voted yes, Ive been officially accepted into the postulancy and can enter July 16th God willing :shocking:

Did you really put me through all that?

CONGRATULAYIONS!!!!

I had given up on this thread and was just gonna call up them nunz.

TheresaThoma

Congratulations Vee!!!! (I just got back from a week long retreat so I'm getting caught up)

I'm so excited for you and I will definitely miss you. I guess it is time for DS' and your antics to move to VS lore. 

dominicansoul
9 hours ago, TheresaThoma said:

Congratulations Vee!!!! (I just got back from a week long retreat so I'm getting caught up)

I'm so excited for you and I will definitely miss you. I guess it is time for DS' and your antics to move to VS lore. 

It's too bad our lame board thread was eliminated!  I would love to read that again! 

Hope you had a great retreat!!

On 6/12/2016 at 1:09 AM, HopefulBride said:

Did you really put me through all that?

CONGRATULAYIONS!!!!

I had given up on this thread and was just gonna call up them nunz.

I sure did lol!  I wouldve hid it more but I was getting lazy

:P 

22 hours ago, TheresaThoma said:

Oooh a week long retreat, hope it was a blessing! 

13 hours ago, dominicansoul said:

It's too bad our lame board thread was eliminated!  I would love to read that again! 

We were too lame for the lame board

TheresaThoma
11 hours ago, vee said:

Oooh a week long retreat, hope it was a blessing! 

It was an amazing blessing! We were camping and kayaking so no fresh fruits or veggies for a week! 

12 hours ago, TheresaThoma said:

It was an amazing blessing! We were camping and kayaking so no fresh fruits or veggies for a week! 

The first part sounds fun the second not so much.  There is a scurvy joke in there somewhere but my coffee absorption is not complete enough to make it.  :coffee: 

Speaking of paddling I have plans to throw ds in a canoe for a couple of hours.  Dont panic ds I didnt say throw u out of the canoe i said throw you in it! Just sit up front, try to paddle a bit, and enjoy the view.  You can sing Voyageur songs if you want. 

dominicansoul

When I was in the convent, Mother knew I couldn't stand being in a canoe cos I dont' know how to swim and I had a fear of it turning over.  (Not to mention the habit gets weighed down with water, I would've sunk to the bottom.)  Even when she assigned two sisters to a canoe, she knew to put me in a canoe with two others so I would feel "safe."  She was such a beautiful Mother to me...

So, I don't know about this...we'll need to put someone else in there too... maybe a bear or a moose? 

13 hours ago, dominicansoul said:

So, I don't know about this...we'll need to put someone else in there too... maybe a bear or a moose? 

You get St Therese.

I am officially done my job.  I worked all my scheduled shifts and did my duty as I should right til the end.  I am proud of myself for that as it wasnt easy but oddly enough it hasnt really sunk in that Im really done there.  There is still this lingering feeling that I have to go to work tomorrow and thoughts of what I would be doing at work.  This is coupled by the thoughts of oh ya I dont have to be there or do that anymore, that I have to get ready for Carmelite boot camp!  Im so excited to finally get to try, to be tested and to give my all at it. 

IgnatiusofLoyola
On 6/13/2016 at 9:36 AM, vee said:

We were too lame for the lame board

Since DS is coming along to make sure you actually enter after you forced the rest of us to pray so much for you, in honor of the "late" Vee/DS thread on the Lame Board, I think it is only fitting that DS bring along a folding chair as her entrance gift for you. (Rosaries are so 15 minutes ago.) It may take awhile for you to get used to expressing your emotions with a Carmelite prayer stool, so at least during your postulancy, a folding chair may come in handy. :bash::lame:

11 hours ago, IgnatiusofLoyola said:

Since DS is coming along to make sure you actually enter after you forced the rest of us to pray so much for you, in honor of the "late" Vee/DS thread on the Lame Board, I think it is only fitting that DS bring along a folding chair as her entrance gift for you. (Rosaries are so 15 minutes ago.) It may take awhile for you to get used to expressing your emotions with a Carmelite prayer stool, so at least during your postulancy, a folding chair may come in handy. :bash::lame:

and you better keep praying too!!

dominicansoul

I'll leave the folding chair to St. Therese.  She'll get Vee good now that she will have her in Carmel...

:evil:

:stubborn:

Whatever ds, St Therese had to beat the crud outta me to get me there.  Once Im in the door her hard work is done and she can go bother someone else.  Like you! :evil:

dominicansoul

on the contrary....

all her hard work will begin as soon as you walk through the threshold....

:evil: