An Old School Catholic Message Board

The long wait

vee

3 hours ago, dominicansoul said:

on the contrary....

all her hard work will begin as soon as you walk through the threshold....

:evil:

There though she will have plenty of help forging, fixing, and refining my flaws!   This will leave her with more time to go drag my family back to the Church...

:evil:

Somehow I was thinking you were entering tomorrow and I popped up to say goodbye!

Oh.  It's a whole other month?

I understand that you're keeping quiet about which community (though I have a suspicion :detective:).  I just hope they have Tall Nuns.  You need to be among your own kind.

veritasluxmea
On 6/16/2016 at 8:49 AM, vee said:

ONE MONTH!!!

:shocking:

Ah! I'm going to miss you posting around the forum! I always loved reading your contributions. Ok, I won't be on the internet anymore this August too... but still :smile3: I'm keeping you in prayer as you approach entrance, may the Lord keep you very close. 

On 6/17/2016 at 4:25 PM, veritasluxmea said:

Ah! I'm going to miss you posting around the forum! I always loved reading your contributions. Ok, I won't be on the internet anymore this August too... but still :smile3: I'm keeping you in prayer as you approach entrance, may the Lord keep you very close. 

Thanks for the prayers!  I need them especially for safety as there were a couple of really close calls on the road this weekend due to reckless, distracted, or crazy drivers!   Prayers for you as you prepare too!

On 6/16/2016 at 4:39 PM, krissylou said:

Somehow I was thinking you were entering tomorrow and I popped up to say goodbye!

Oh.  It's a whole other month?

I understand that you're keeping quiet about which community (though I have a suspicion :detective:).  I just hope they have Tall Nuns.  You need to be among your own kind.

Still a month to go! 

:shutup: 

I have all my Sunday offering envelopes for these last few weeks all sorted out and ready to go.  It is a really stark reminder of this impending change...

Ive moved in the past and just thrown stuff in boxes thinking I will deal with it later.  Now is that later!!!  I have a modest amount of belongings, not too much, but still some of the stuff Im finding Im wondering why on earth I didnt throw it out sooner!  A purse with a broken strap, seriously what the heck!

If anyone wants to keep the prioress in their intentions please do as she was suffering from sciatic nerve pain yesterday when I called.  She has to suffer from that and then soon enough postulant related nerve pain :|

Since not everyone knows they exist I thought Id share a packing tip.  Vacuum storage bags. 

k2-_82ef9fd7-0870-4844-8784-bc5dd35c2fd8

They come in different brands and all sizes but you get the idea.  Since I have to pack some poofy items for winter it really saves a lot of space

Part of cleaning up my life is all the digital stuff, and it has turned out to be a very surprising part.  I have some old SD memory cards from years ago and I was just going through them so I could give them to a family member.  On them, to my surprise, were pics from my life before I came back to the faith.  They were photos of me going out for supper about 24 hours before God would turn my life upside down, or actually right side up.  I was knocked for several loops or so it felt!  The most striking photo I cant get over is one where for some reason Im holding a little rose.  I had zero clue who St Therese was at the time but here I am holding her calling card mere hours before she got out the boxing gloves! :hehe:    

The point is God loves you and is always seeking after you, even if you run, hide, or have no clue about anything. 

I mentioned eating squid in another thread but keep in mind every Carmel is different.  Even if they do eat squid or whatever you may not have to eat it if you dont want to, or you might have to clean your plate it just depends.  This is why I think one of the important discerning questions is how's the food?  Do they have a balanced healthy diet?  Do they keep things clean and follow proper food safety?  I was asked if there is anything I cant eat and although Im a bottomless pit that will eat anything once I cant stand eel.  Luckily they dont eat that!

Maximilianus

You'll have to figure out a way to get them to add tostones and enpanadillas de carrucho to the menu

32 minutes ago, Maximilianus said:

You'll have to figure out a way to get them to add tostones and enpanadillas de carrucho to the menu

but no mofongo?

I think they are pretty open to suggestions, Id just need the recipe and ingredients.  There are a handful of Filipino sisters so Ill be getting a lot of their food which is totally fine by me! They make the best rice Ive had this side of ol' Nihon so Im excited about that too! 

3 minutes ago, Maximilianus said:

I think mofongo would disrupt the austere vibe, you can't have that.

recreation disrupts that too