An Old School Catholic Message Board

The long wait

vee

Don't know if it might help re all your intentions vert close to the heart.  I used to write mine down into a book - but the intentions got longer and longer covering pages and pages ........ and almost impossible to cover all in an "intentions prayer time".  So I asked my SD at the time (priest, religious, theologian):  "Father how do you remember all those you want to pray for?"

Father: "I just go to the chapel, kneel down and tell The Lord that I would like to pray for all those who have asked for my prayers, those who need them and those to whom I have promised prayer".  A short time in prayer can follow.

For years Father's method just would not work for me (rather -perhaps totally is more apt - scrupulous back then), now I have incorporated Father's prayer with my own little system that works for me and does not mean a very long intentions prayer period.  I can type my intentions  individually into Word, break them into blocks of ten and then pray specifically daily for a block of ten intentions.  ........ but then I am not in religious life (I can make time to type into word individually) and it probably would not work for those who are).

It took me time (years) to be comfortable fully with the notion that The Lord remembers every single little intention of my heart and my intentions for others -  and He doesn't need a daily mind jog of every single one :hehe2:

I also like to take slowly and reflectively the Intentions at Morning and Evening Prayer of The Church. 

We all work out a system that personally works.

3 hours ago, vee said:

Psst, got a pot I can borrow? :P

Several, if you want to come to Jerusalem to get them!  :)

DominicanHeart

Pray for me when you get there. I'm finally going to go discern with the Carmelites in Lafayette

dominicansoul
2 hours ago, DominicanHeart said:

Pray for me when you get there. I'm finally going to go discern with the Carmelites in Lafayette

CarmeliteHeart?  

5 minutes ago, dominicansoul said:

2 hours ago, DominicanHeart said:

Probably time to change your avatar then!! :P  (I'll pray of course!)

5 minutes ago, dominicansoul said:

CarmeliteHeart?  

Ok, carmelitesoul

18 hours ago, Antigonos said:

Several, if you want to come to Jerusalem to get them!  :)

I would love to!  Might make for a weird customs and immigration declaration though.  "What is the purpose of your visit?"   "Oh Im here to borrow a pot!"

Edited by vee

3 hours ago, vee said:

I would love to!  Might make for a weird customs and immigration declaration though.  "What is the purpose of your visit?"   "Oh Im here to borrow a pot!"

There have been a lot weirder declarations, believe me.  And, in any case, you'd have to explain to the US folks; taking stuff out of here isn't any problem.  Bringing it in might be.  "Why didn't you just go to the local Ikea?" I can hear some US official ask.

You'd be amazed at the number of tourists who think they are either God or Jesus "coming home".  There is actually a Jerusalem Syndrome that happens here, but it only lasts about a month, fortunately.

DominicanHeart
10 hours ago, dominicansoul said:

CarmeliteHeart?  

I've said it before, I'm half Dominican half Carmelite

1 hour ago, DominicanHeart said:

I've said it before, I'm half Dominican half Carmelite

Carminican?

it feels weird to be homeless and jobless. I know I have something lined up but in this time of transition it's strange to technically not have those things   Hope that makes sense as I'm so tired!

Spem in alium
29 minutes ago, vee said:

it feels weird to be homeless and jobless. I know I have something lined up but in this time of transition it's strange to technically not have those things   Hope that makes sense as I'm so tired!

Definitely makes sense. Praying for you in this final week. :) 

Times of transition definitely feel weird and even uncomfortable at times. Since I retired, many things--including good ones--have felt strange.  I have a new wardrobe (very casual as opposed to the corporate business clothes I wore for years), new schedule (my time is my own as opposed to operating most of the week according to a CEO's schedule and annual events), and a new community (I moved across the US from suburbia to the country.)  After 7 months, I feel like I'm finally settling in.