An Old School Catholic Message Board

The long wait

vee

Sister Leticia

Many prayers will surround you as you enter - whatever else you can divest yourself of, our love and prayer will make it into the enclosure with you!

Vee,

Although I've been following your thread since forever, I haven't posted anything.  Well.....as your entrance date is around the proverbial corner, I want you to know I've been praying and will continue to pray for you as you move forward in Carmel.

12 hours ago, vee said:

I'd prefer to not say  

This Saturday july 16

I'll remember to ask Our Lady of Mt. Carmel to especially bless and sustain you.

:o)Katherine:o)

Vee, my prayers are with you as you prepare to enter Carmel! It has been a true joy to watch your journey unfold! Thank you for sharing with all of us. :nun1:

Spem in alium

God bless you, Vee! Know you're in my daily thoughts and prayers. It's been a privilege and blessing to follow your journey.

Hna.Caridad

Vee, I imagine that you're counting down the hours (and maybe even the minutes!) until your entrance.  Can you believe it??  This has been a long road & I'm so happy for you!  Please know that you're in my thoughts & prayers as you continue your discernment and deepen your relationship with God from within the walls.

27 minutes ago, Hna.Caridad said:

Vee, I imagine that you're counting down the hours (and maybe even the minutes!) until your entrance.  Can you believe it??  This has been a long road & I'm so happy for you!  Please know that you're in my thoughts & prayers as you continue your discernment and deepen your relationship with God from within the walls.

:like2: Well said.

It has been a privilege to follow your journey, Vee!  And what a wonderful date to enter Carmel.  I feel that you will remember us in your prayers, and we will be keeping you in ours as your monastic journey in Carmel does unfold.

Not long now!

God bless - and thank you for the privilege..............Barb :) 

TheresaThoma

Wow less than 48 hours now. May God Bless you and may Our Lady keep you safe! I will be praying for you and will miss you!

Thank you so much everyone :love:  

ds and i's vacation/adventure is winding down fast. Had to do one more crazy thing though so went white water rafting today!  It was incredible!  Tomorrow, Friday, I will cancel my phone and stay at the Carmel that night. No phone no internet after that. It will be really weird.   Please pray for ds that she find strength and comfort as she is sad.   I find much strength and comfort knowing so many people are remembering me in prayer, it's such a help and blessing!  

I think things won't really hit me until I've changed clothes, then it'll start to get real.!  Sort of like the white water rafting. Once I had all the stuff on then it was like there is only one thing I can do dressed like that!  

Sponsa-Christi

This is my first time posting on this thread, but best wishes Vee, on this new adventure! Please spare a prayer or two for me once you're in Carmel.

I will certainly remember to pray for all the phatmassers that have asked, and even for those who didn't ask!  Hopefully ds will post a little in here when she isn't all :sad2: I've asked her to share with my family what will happen tomorrow!!  YIKES :o so hopefully she remembers a little update to the pham too.   

Im not that nervous right now. It's more like sitting at the top of the rapids looking down seeing the white water and how the river dropped so we couldn't see beyond, and being really pumped to go through it!  WOO!  Let's do this!!

Yes, please let me be greedy and beg for prayers, too, especially for my children, that they too figure out and pursue what God created them for. Thank you. And God bless!