On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 8:17 PM, vee said:
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

I got the call this morning, they voted yes, Ive been officially accepted into the postulancy and can enter July 16th God willing :shocking:

May be too late, but add our prayers to the others!  We had reception today in New York, and profession tomorrow.  Remember with us those who will be postulants in October, and others making up their minds.  The leap off the cliff or into the rapids can be scary, but Christ is waiting for you all at the landing.  God bless.

dominicansoul

This is vee I'm on ds' account for one last check in. :) nice pic max. Happy Saturday!  

:wave: 

:blowkiss: 

HopefulBride
2 hours ago, dominicansoul said:

This is vee I'm on ds' account for one last check in. :) nice pic max. Happy Saturday!  

:wave: 

:blowkiss: 

Bye Vee.  

Many prayers.  Hugzzzzzz

It is Sunday morning here in Australia and I'm guessing Vee might be within the Carmelite enclosure at this point.  If so, the long wait is over to this stage anyway - go Vee!

God bless at every step of the coming journey.

dominicansoul

Vee entered the enclosure at the Hour of Great Mercy 3 pm.  Before she entered she and I had a very long goodbye.  It's been an adventure and a privilege knowing her and having her as a best friend.  Our friendship hasn't ended, it's just changed.  I was allowed to spend the night there, and today before I left, we spoke together in the speak room.  She spoke like a true carmelite.  Her parting words of advice were to take each day at a time and to work toward building treasure in heaven so that we may get there together hanging out in paradise with God forever.  She also made like she was gonna bash me against the grill.  Lol!  

My heart is very heavy but I already feel the prayers from her and her sisters.  She walked into the enclosure absolutely beaming.  And she hasn't stopped smiling ever since.  She looks really cute in her postulant habit too lol.  The long wait continues as she will spend the next few years heavily discerning Gods will.  Pray for her, her postulant mistress and the community as they all discern together.  

Thank you for this update.It was lovely to hear that Vee was so happy ans looked lovely in her postulant habit. I'm sure that she enjoyed being with you before entering the enclosure . I appreciate your feelings at this time you are a good friend and I'm sure that you'll be sustained by the many prayers coming your way  from her and her community.  

DominicanHeart
9 hours ago, dominicansoul said:

Vee entered the enclosure at the Hour of Great Mercy 3 pm.  Before she entered she and I had a very long goodbye.  It's been an adventure and a privilege knowing her and having her as a best friend.  Our friendship hasn't ended, it's just changed.  I was allowed to spend the night there, and today before I left, we spoke together in the speak room.  She spoke like a true carmelite.  Her parting words of advice were to take each day at a time and to work toward building treasure in heaven so that we may get there together hanging out in paradise with God forever.  She also made like she was gonna bash me against the grill.  Lol!  

My heart is very heavy but I already feel the prayers from her and her sisters.  She walked into the enclosure absolutely beaming.  And she hasn't stopped smiling ever since.  She looks really cute in her postulant habit too lol.  The long wait continues as she will spend the next few years heavily discerning Gods will.  Pray for her, her postulant mistress and the community as they all discern together.  

This makes me happy and teary! And it makes me want to go to Carmel so bad!

I have made up my mind too @dominicansoul to be keeping a prayerful eye out for you on Phatmass too as you journey along.  You have indeed been a special and wonderful pal to Vee during her long wait and then her journey into Our Lady's Carmel and it must have been sweet sorrow and yes, heaviness of heart, to see Vee to the door of the enclosure - hence I am sure Our Lady will be having a very close and especially tender eye on you as well.

I too am so happy for Vee that she has reached her destination at long last - and is absolutely beaming about it in her postulant's habit looking cute as, and cherished in the arms of Carmel.

Prayer for all your intentions.

PS I do love the playful image of "hanging out with God in paradise"........my imagination paused and sort of stumbled over that one:shocking: ..............but just for a second or two.

Edited by BarbaraTherese

IgnatiusofLoyola

DS,

While I've been thinking about and praying for Vee, I've also been praying for you. You have been such a wonderful, loving friend to Vee. While I know you're incredibly happy for Vee, I expect the change in your relationship is going to be very hard, especially at first. I'm SO glad that you and Vee shared some adventures before her entrance.

BTW--I tried to send you a PM, but the system said you were not accepting messages. I don't know if that means that you have turned off the message function or if your mail is full. In case it's the latter, I thought I'd let you know.

Iggy