An Old School Catholic Message Board

The long wait

vee

Spem in alium

Last Sunday I happened to visit (for the first time) a Carmel with a retreat house attached. I was only there for a very short time, but it was so peaceful. I thought of you, @dominicansoul, and Vee. You are both in my prayers.

dominicansoul
5 hours ago, IgnatiusofLoyola said:

DS,

While I've been thinking about and praying for Vee, I've also been praying for you. You have been such a wonderful, loving friend to Vee. While I know you're incredibly happy for Vee, I expect the change in your relationship is going to be very hard, especially at first. I'm SO glad that you and Vee shared some adventures before her entrance.

BTW--I tried to send you a PM, but the system said you were not accepting messages. I don't know if that means that you have turned off the message function or if your mail is full. In case it's the latter, I thought I'd let you know.

Iggy

I'm really needing it right now.  It's been very very difficult.  Our friendship intertwined in most everything we did.  to be honest, I find myself mourning as if vee died.  Cos that's what it feels like to me.  We used to text about everything going on around us, or message or skype at the drop of a hat.  Like today, I wanted to show her this weird Burger King/Bar in the airport in Canada. Like they serve beer with your burger!  Lol!   And my first impulse was to take my cell phone out take a pic and send it to her on messenger and then I was like "...oh wait..."  I've been crying all day, but God has a plan and it's always for the best.  I trust in him.  Also He may have wanted the two of us to grow up a bit lol.  We can be kids again when we meet in heaven... 

Also I don't have any space in my messages here because I have saved so many between me and VEE lol.  I don't want to erase them!  They are mainly stupid funny zany stuff, and I just can't delete them.  

Dominicansoul,  I'm so sorry that you're going through this rough time.  Sending you hugs and prayers for comfort. 

I'm sorry to learn that you are having a rough time and I'm sure that you are missing Vee tremendously.Many prayers are coming your way at this time.

God Bless

IgnatiusofLoyola
15 hours ago, dominicansoul said:

I'm really needing it right now.  It's been very very difficult.  Our friendship intertwined in most everything we did.  to be honest, I find myself mourning as if vee died.  Cos that's what it feels like to me.  We used to text about everything going on around us, or message or skype at the drop of a hat.  Like today, I wanted to show her this weird Burger King/Bar in the airport in Canada. Like they serve beer with your burger!  Lol!   And my first impulse was to take my cell phone out take a pic and send it to her on messenger and then I was like "...oh wait..."  I've been crying all day, but God has a plan and it's always for the best.  I trust in him.  Also He may have wanted the two of us to grow up a bit lol.  We can be kids again when we meet in heaven... 

Also I don't have any space in my messages here because I have saved so many between me and VEE lol.  I don't want to erase them!  They are mainly stupid funny zany stuff, and I just can't delete them.  

I understand completely why you don't want to delete the messages that you and Vee sent each other!

What I did when I absolutely HAD to clear out my message box was to copy my important PM's into files stored on my computer. That way, they weren't erased and I could still read them, but my message box became available for PM's.

Will you think about doing that? I'd like to be able to send you PM's. :buddies:

Alternatively, I could give you my email, but I don't want to do that publicly. :idontknow:

If you PM me YOUR email I PROMISE I will never share it w/o your permission.

Edited by IgnatiusofLoyola

IgnatiusofLoyola

For me, Vee entering Carmel is like the end of an era. I have been a VS "regular" for 6 1/2 years now, and Vee is one of the few posters in VS who remained active in VS all those years. In my first summer in VS, we were VERY active. In those days, we used chat more, and groups of us had some fun/silly/serious conversations in the evenings. That fall, Laetitia Crucis (now Sister Mary Catherine) left for England, and it was a big loss in VS for me. I still miss her.

On one hand, Vee has now fulfilled the goal of so many women who have passed through VS. She discerned where God was calling her, and overcame the many lengthy obstacles to entrance. At the same time, Vee was funny/crazy (such as all those "sightings" of St. Therese in odd places), while at the same time strong in her faith. 

Now is the next chapter, where we can no longer read Vee's posts of her thoughts, and we have to place our faith in God, Vee's Sisters, (and yes, St. Therese) to hold Vee's hand through the next steps.

I was SO happy when I read DS's post that Vee was smiling and happy both when she entered, and the next day.

In a way, Vee's entrance is a bit like a death. Cloistered nuns especially are called up to "die to the world" in certain ways, and the Internet is part of that world (at least for the first few years, and maybe forever). Yet, paradoxically, I know Vee will be actively praying for all of us--I know I will be praying for her every day--and so she is just as much a part of VS as she ever was.

That doesn't ease the immediate sadness, but it gives me hope for the future.

I know how you feel, Iggy.  I've been following this forum for 8+ years.  So many people have come and gone as part of their discerning religious life.  There are many whose posts have touched me deeply, made me laugh, made me think, and/or taught me something.  And some leave a hole in our heart...we will all miss Vee's zaniness as we are happy for her at the same time.

IgnatiusofLoyola
10 hours ago, dominicansoul said:

Iggys I have ur email.  I'll email u

Got your email. Thanks!

Chiquitunga

Oh man, I feel sad I didn't get to follow this thread as vee was entering Carmel!! Doing everything from a phone can be challenging! Maybe I can get out a hand written letter if I find out what Carmel in Canada she entered. I feel the same as many of you about her entrance being like the end of an era, wow! It's like FutureNunJMJs (PicoliFiori) entrance (still so happy I got to attend her clothing, she's in First Vows now by the way, hope she doesn't have to wait 9 years! And vee too!)

Got to write her! So happy for her!! And that's so cool about white water rafting before entrance, oh man!! Lol woohoo

We love and miss you vee!!! :nun2:

dominicansoul

As for now, vee doesn't want to disclose which Carmel she entered.  I totally understand not wanting to share that info on such a public forum... 

For those few that know, please do not share that info here...

TheresaThoma

Well I will just add that to my list of things that will be revealed in Heaven. Even more motivation to get there now! :)

Maximilianus
1 hour ago, Chiquitunga said:

It's like FutureNunJMJs (PicoliFiori) entrance (still so happy I got to attend her clothing, she's in First Vows now by the way, hope she doesn't have to wait 9 years! And vee too!)

Cool. Thanks for the update. 

I keep in touch with a couple of the people that entered around the time she did, but had no idea how she she was doing.

I had to lol a bit when I read the 9 years part, it's like vee can never escape the long wait, hopefully that won't be the case.