An Old School Catholic Message Board

Thoughts from a Franciscan Sister

sr.christinaosf

sr.christinaosf

We had quite the day here at St. Anne's! Several of us enjoy celebrating "All Hallows Eve," dressing up, partying, and what not. As a follow up to our Bible study unit on the Exodus, in which we loved using the song: "Go Down, Moses," Paulla, our wonderful activities assistant, found a costume for an Egyptian pharaoh at a local thrift store. [ 143 more words ]

https://ourfranciscanfiat.wordpress.com/2017/10/31/ancient-egyptian-technology/

sr.christinaosf

What do you mean?

Also, please let me clarify: I am not meaning to say that my writing is so great, or get attention for myself.

My reason for this (and even having this blog at all) is to raise awareness of religious life, of our congregation and hopefully maybe even foster vocations.  It's not about me. 

Thanks.

sr.christinaosf

Last evening, shortly before 10 p.m., I returned to St. Anne's (the facility at which I work) to bring the dog back. (Recently, "Zoe" has been an evening guest at our convent.) Snow was falling; it was beautiful. Something about a fresh snow fall tends to bring out the playful little girl in me. That is, until mid-January when I am sick and tired of it. [ 181 more words ]

sr.christinaosf

This evening, after a somewhat stressful day, I put on an old cassette tape I'd received from my mom. (Yes, I still have some around!) One of the songs gave me a nudge that I am still working to implement. I've been dealing with a couple of challenging issues here, and have found myself feeling frustrated. The vocalist, whose music I grew up with, encouraged her listeners, encouraged ME, to "give them all to Jesus." [ 69 more words ]

sr.christinaosf

Midway through a second consecutive day of helping fill in for a sick aide, I was having supper with Sr. Elaine (while Sr. Rebecca took her turn at the reception desk). As I've been thinking ahead to my upcoming trip to the National Catholic Youth Conference in Indianapolis next week, I mentioned that I'd been tempted to put a note at the employee time clock. [ 161 more words ]

sr.christinaosf

Please pray for me (as) as we travel to Indianapolis tomorrow for the National Catholic Youth Con. (NCYC).  Thanks.

sr.christinaosf

Today’s feast brings to mind Simon & Garfunkel’s hit song bearing this saint’s name.

Having grown upon listening to “the oldies station” (thanks to my dad) and having lived in “Caecilian Hall” for most of my college years, I’ve heard this catchy tune countless - Read more...

sr.christinaosf

I’ve Got the “Little” Sister

As is customary for Thanksgiving weekend, last evening we held our annual prayer service/name drawing for the coming liturgical year.  (This often falls on the first Sunday of Advent, but this year, it was on the vigil of the wonderful feast of Christ the King.)  Read more...

sr.christinaosf

Please pray for us for our Mass schedule - a priest who fills in a lot here is out for the rest of the year - hea;th