An Old School Catholic Message Board

Thoughts from a Franciscan Sister

sr.christinaosf

sr.christinaosf

W-I-T-H–M-E–A-L-W-A-Y-S

Some days just seem to go better than others; some Bible studies with our residents do also.  This morning, things did not start off the greatest…I was still not feeling too well; I must have…

sr.christinaosf

Not Perfect…but

We received some donations of linens a month or so ago, as you may have read in another post here.  Sr. Rebecca had asked if we could use any of them for chapel. Some pieces were the right size for…

sr.christinaosf

“Sauer Likes Her Sweets”

Since first coming to community, I’ve always felt a special connection to and fondness for our dear Sister Carmelita Sauer.  Her kindness and sense of humor would make it difficult not to. Th…

sr.christinaosf

The Power of a Few Words

Lately, I’ve been struggling with a troubling relationship.  On top of the difficulty this poses, I was also feeling blamed for something I had nothing to do with. My time of prayer this morn…

sr.christinaosf

Back to the Salve Regina

Now that the days of Easter are over, we find ourselves returning to Ordinary Time.  The altar cloths and vestments are green and we return to some of the “ordinary” hymns. Another way …

sr.christinaosf

Good and Busy
This morning, I got up and headed over to St. Anne’s before 5:30 a.m.  I had been planning to set up what I could in advance for 9 a.m. Mass and have a chance to pray before coming to the fro…

Edited by sr.christinaosf

sr.christinaosf

Hello all!

I am going to cut back on posting on Our Franciscan Fiat to once a week.  I hope you'll still stop by.  Also, if you want to comment here or there in the meantime toward the top, I won't argue.

Thanks and have a great night!

• 2 weeks later...
sr.christinaosf

First Thing in the Morning

Last night, I was not feeling well.  I know it’s June, but the sore throat with headache and low-grade fever seems to be going around. When I say sore, I mean SORE.  My glands have been feeli…

• 2 weeks later...
sr.christinaosf

Help Me; Help Me!!!

Amidst the busyness and long hours of work yesterday, doing my own regular work and then helping train in a new staff person, a little childish fun was one of the highlights. I wanted let the new p…

• 2 weeks later...
sr.christinaosf

Sister Rhubarb?

I just sat down after a busy afternoon, a busy day.  Sometimes, I think, I ‘bite off more than I can chew,” to borrow an old expression from a book my dad read to me as a kid. I had cle…

• 3 weeks later...
sr.christinaosf

Checking in from Orlando

I’m sorry I haven’t been able to write this past week.  I am busy accompanying the youth group from my home parish (St. Joseph’s in West St. Paul, MN) on their summer pilgri...