An Old School Catholic Message Board

Thoughts from a Franciscan Sister

sr.christinaosf

sr.christinaosf

Cool Brains!

Recently, I’ve been “brainstorming” and starting to work on a letter to go out from St. Anne’s.  I have become heavily involved in this project in my time here. However, whe…

sr.christinaosf

O Salutaris

This morning before and after Mass, we were privileged to take part in the beautiful hymns for Reposition and Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament. This beautiful rite, including Benediction and The…

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
sr.christinaosf

Hooded Minion?

Having never seen the movie, Despicable Me, I know very little about the now-famous “minions.”  I know the term now usually refers to little fanciful creatures, but that’s about i…

sr.christinaosf

A Joyful Duty

Making it to daily Mass has been a bit more challenging, of late, with the current lack of priests serving our home for the elderly and disabled.  We go to the parish church now several times a wee…

sr.christinaosf

Prayers Requested

I don’t know when I’ll be writing on this blog next as I am leaving for St. Paul tomorrow night to spend some time with my parents. We just found out Saturday that he has stage 4 pancre…

May your father have a refuah shelayma [complete recovery].  As I've done for others, if you'll send me [PM if you prefer] his first name, and the first name of his mother,*  I will be happy to put a prayer request in a crack of the Western Wall, which is a Jewish custom, since I live in Jerusalem.

*That's our "correct formula" for such requests.

On 11/26/2018 at 2:43 PM, sr.christinaosf said:

Prayers Requested

I don’t know when I’ll be writing on this blog next as I am leaving for St. Paul tomorrow night to spend some time with my parents. We just found out Saturday that he has stage 4 pancre…

I'm sorry to hear that and I will definitely keep you and your dad (family) in my prayers

• 2 weeks later...
sr.christinaosf

“Jell-O Pusher”

I’ve debated if I should try writing here again, or give it a rest for a while, due to the present situation (facing my dad’s terminal cancer). I decided that it wouldn’t hurt to …

35 minutes ago, sr.christinaosf said:

“Jell-O Pusher”

I’ve debated if I should try writing here again, or give it a rest for a while, due to the present situation (facing my dad’s terminal cancer). I decided that it wouldn’t hurt to …

Joining you in prayer, Sister - for your Dad and you......and for all family and friends.

• 3 weeks later...
sr.christinaosf

Leaning on His Heart

This morning was interesting, to say the least… After filling in briefly for a co-worker who wasn’t able to make it in, I trudged through the snow, myself, on foot.  (My winter boots we…