An Old School Catholic Message Board

Thoughts from a Franciscan Sister

sr.christinaosf

sr.christinaosf

I Guess I’m a Franciscan!

I will preface this reflection by stressing that I mean no disrespect to any members of other traditions; I am not saying that, within this “universal church” to which we belong, one Ru…

Hello. The franciscans are a group within the cathoilc church arent they? Thats what I always thought anyway.

May God bless you.....

Hi. I only asked because even though I was reasonably  shure I thought  would ask you to be certain. Thank you sister and God bless you.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
sr.christinaosf

They’re Still There!!!

Today, having heard that the temperature was to get up to 60, I was finally able to get out in the yard and uncover my “little trees.”  Our maintenance man, Jasen, and I had planted the…

11 minutes ago, sr.christinaosf said:

They’re Still There!!!

Today, having heard that the temperature was to get up to 60, I was finally able to get out in the yard and uncover my “little trees.”  Our maintenance man, Jasen, and I had planted the…

See Sister! This what your little seedlings will grow to be!

0351eda2c07dfde2439dbb8b4f5cc5a4--beauti

And your right, there are lessons to be learned for all of us through your little seedlings. 

Thank you for sharing your seedling story.

May God bless you and all that you do.......:)

Just to let you know that I have been a silent reader for a long time and I always enjoy your posts.

sr.christinaosf

A Colorful Time!

The Paschal Triduum is always a beautiful time for me, but after the Easter Vigil (or, to be frank, during it), I am exhausted!! There are so many things going on: helping with liturgies, special c…

sr.christinaosf

If you're wondering why there haven't been any posts here in over a week, let two little words suffice: WRITER'S BLOCK1!

2 hours ago, sr.christinaosf said:

If you're wondering why there haven't been any posts here in over a week, let two little words suffice: WRITER'S BLOCK1!

I feel for you, Sister.  Writer's block can be really frustrating and the more one thinks about it, the worse it can get.  St Paul is the Patron Saint of Writers and I will wing one off to him to please help you out.  His feast day was last Monday 29th June.

The internet is almost awash with suggestions to overcome writer's block - some can be helpful, some not.  We all respond differently.

The Lord's Blessing and good luck :)