An Old School Catholic Message Board

Thoughts from a Franciscan Sister

sr.christinaosf

• 2 weeks later...
sr.christinaosf

Grateful for “Miracles”

Tuesday morning is “Bible study time” for me.  I lead a weekly scripture-based session with some of our residents.  In preparation, I usually get my lesson plan in order while working t…

• 2 weeks later...
sr.christinaosf

I’m going to keep this kind of “short and sweet” because, you see, I’m kind of booked right now, literally and figuratively.  I’ve been dow  Read more

sr.christinaosf

Happy Feast of the Assumption! It's been a while since I reached out for this, so I'd like to take the opportunity to ask for your feedback on our blog: https://ourfranciscanfiat.wordpress.com - Is there something I should do to improve it? What posts most interest you?, etc.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
sr.christinaosf

A FULL Day!

When I woke up this morning, I knew we’d probably be husking some corn (if yesterday’s rain hadn’t prevented it from being harvested), but I really didn’t fully grasp what t…

sr.christinaosf

Voiceless

This morning, I was “of no use” as far as liturgical music was concerned; I couldn’t sing.  I tried a little for the opening hymn, but by the time we got to the Gloria, I had to g…

sr.christinaosf

Many Hands

Many hands… There are two time-tried expressions which would counsel us in opposing directions: “Too many hands spoil the broth” or “Many hands make light work.”  I ca…

• 2 weeks later...
sr.christinaosf

Your Love and Your Grace

I just returned from a beautiful weekend retreat experience at our province’s retreat center in Hankinson.  We had talks, small group sessions, Mass, adoration, confession, and even “Songs & S’more Talk” (a delightful late evening campfire).

This was my first time leading a...

Edited by sr.christinaosf