An Old School Catholic Message Board

Thoughts from a Franciscan Sister

sr.christinaosf

7 hours ago, sr.christinaosf said:

Please pray for us! 

I still don't have my energy back, and this is a very tough time for us in the long-term care sector.

Definitely!  My thoughts are with all health care providers, of whatever stripe.  I got my vaccination yesterday and was quite amazed at how calm and friendly all the staff was, in what must have been a heavily stressful [and overworked] situation.  Having been "in the business" I know just how difficult it is not to get burned out.

• 2 weeks later...
sr.christinaosf

While I'm Away

I'm currently out of town, spending some time at the provincial house.

I hadn't been able to access this site until now.  Until I post again, I invite you to enjoy (and share) a little video I just made for our retreat center here.

God bless you - have a good week!

https://youtu.be/XHOdjN0Y0hs

sr.christinaosf

Here and Now

I think I'm supposed to be learning another lesson right now, about living in the present moment. 

I am "home" helping my mother, who recently fractured her shoulder.  On the way back here to the Twin Cities, a friend with whom I was travelling gave me a great insight.  

She told me a little prayer she had learned...

• 2 weeks later...
sr.christinaosf

A Walk to Remember

I finally made it back to Grand Forks, after over three weeks away (due to extenuating circumstances).  A number of tasks awaited me, and I set to work unpacking and getting caught up. 

One situation that needed prompt attention was a shortage of Hosts.  Due to other circumstances, we have not been able to have daily Mass here the last couple of weeks.  In order to offer Communion for our residents (who are unable to go out for Mass), something needed to be done...

Edited by sr.christinaosf

sr.christinaosf

Memories of Sister Adeline

This week marks the anniversary of Sr. Adeline Nathe's death (a date I remember especially since it coincided with my paternal grandmother's)

I typed up Sr. Adeline's memories as a postulant, in May of 2006, and will share this below.

First, here is the chronology from her various apostolates....

Edited by sr.christinaosf

sr.christinaosf

Missing our Morning Visits

REFLECTIONS ON PRAYER

The past few months have been a bit challenging for me, and countless others, I'm sure.

I was down for the count in mid-December, and still have some lingering issues.  Along with periodic sore throat, continued fatigue still plagues me, though it is better than it was.

So, whereas I used to get up often at 5:15 a.m., allowing for an hour of prayer to start off my day, these days, I end up pushing off my rising time about an hour, just barely sneaking into chapel before our Morning Prayer of he liturgy of the hours...Read more...

• 3 weeks later...
sr.christinaosf

http://ndfranciscans.org/fiat/abstaining-from-creamed-tuna

Today is a special day, the feast (solemnity) of St. Joseph, within the year of St. Joseph!  Wow, that’s quite the occasion!  For this special day, a friend of ours brought over a beautiful, if smelly, bouquet of roses to put by his statue.  Since Mass is not currently in our chapel, but in another location, I brought a smaller statue of this special man over from the convent...

• 2 weeks later...
sr.christinaosf

http://ndfranciscans.org/fiat/life-lessons-from-my-little-plum-trees

When I sat down to think and pray more about this talk, my four little plum trees came to mind for some reason.  I’m kind of proud of my little trees, and have to be careful that I don’t get too attached to them.  As I thought more about them, I realized that there are several parallels between their development and my own vocation. 

About three and a half...