An Old School Catholic Message Board

Thoughts from a Franciscan Sister

sr.christinaosf

sr.christinaosf

Thursday evening, I wrote a little poem, musing about spring.  After yesterday’s adventure (taking the dog for a run with my bike--and taking a tumble), I added some additional verses. 

It’s not the world’s greatest piece of literature, but I hope you enjoy it, nonetheless.

This is a time of year, this spring,
for patience and for hope,
for seeing tiny blades of green
above the bear earth poke --

Heads stretching toward the sun
to get the rays they need
to grow into healthy plants
from tiny little seeds...

• 3 weeks later...
sr.christinaosf

Who’s Sniffing Now?
It’s my favorite season.  Now that winter’s over and I’ve regained most of my energy, I’ve gotten back into the wonderful habit of walking.  I’m not the only one who needs exercise, either; I often take Clare, the yellow lab, along. 

To my dismay, it seems like, all too often, she’s stopping to sniff something.  Usually, it looks like nothing more than a patch of grass or piece of debris.  I..

Clare reminds me of Sadie with her sniffing and refusing to budge on our walks.  Sadie went to sleep quite some years ago now and was a Jack Russell cross (can't think of the breed just now).  I can't give a like on your blog as it wont let me unless I am a member of Facebook.

sr.christinaosf

I wanted to take her out today, but I didn't...it rained this morning so it would be messy and slippery...plus I canned strawberry rhubarb topping and now am at the desk.

Religious active or monastic really get to me personally - what you all get done in a day, and the variety in a day, and most all the time calmly and serenely without biting someone's head off.  Mea maxima culpa.   I just was not called to the life, but I love it nevertheless. :)  I have a holy envy of religious and nuns and the lifestyle, habit, the formation....you name it! ..... we were told in college that holy envy was ok, which really had me confused back then. How could something so terrible, so sinful, ever be holy for goodness sake!  Back then, I thought that Sr. Benignus OP had lost the plot quite a few times. :smokey:  I used to wish too that she did not know me so well.

PS We are in late autumn and having incredible spring type weather.  We get a taste of cold and rain tomorrow for a few days.

sr.christinaosf
On 5/24/2021 at 5:34 AM, BarbaraTherese said:

having incredible spring type weather.  We get a taste of cold and rain tomorrow for a few days.

Where are you from?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
sr.christinaosf

Leaving for Retreat

I am leaving tomorrow for retreat, but I haven't begun to pack.  There's plenty going on here, and it will go on with or without me.

Prayers for the retreat and for special intentions would be appreciated.

God bless you all!